41.

A workplace romance, was the last thing that both Sebastian and Mia thought they would be involved in together, but now that they were, it just felt so right. They both felt like they were on cloud nine when together. Everything just seemed to be perfect and they were in great place.

However, there was the issue that they weren't able to spend much time together, since their work schedule was getting more hectic recently. It was constantly getting in the way and interrupting their time.

There wasn't long left now, till Sophie was back from her leave. She had asked for a little more time, when there was some kind of 'nanny issue' and Sebastian was more than okay to give her that.

Especially since it meant more time with Mia. Well, that's what he had initially assumed, before all the work got in the way.

The two hadn't even managed to go on a first official date.

They would have lunch together and occasional dinners, but after a tiring work day, it was just too hard. It did not seem date-like at all.

However, the pair thought maybe this wait would make their first official date more special.

Sebastian had something really romantic planned up his sleeve, for their first date together. He was just waiting for the right moment to go through with it.

Although, it seemed like the right moment was taking forever.

***

Mia sat in her office, completing some remaining work. It was an odd feeling, that she would soon have to leave this room. Apart from stationary and photo frames, there wasn't much that she would have to move anyway. She always knew the office was temporary and she'd have to leave.

Months ago, she would have left the office in a flash, without a second thought. Now, she knew she was going to miss it. She was going to miss her desk, the chair and even the damn intercom, that Sebastian used to bark orders through.

Recently, he would use the device just to complement her randomly. He'd tell her she looked beautiful today, or that he missed her. He was so cheesy and she loved it.

As Mia stared at the intercom, a smile on her face, as she thought what would be the next thing Sebastian would tell her, someone clearing their throat snapped her out of her stupor.

When she looked up, her smile immediately vanished and instead it was replaced by a deep scowl.

There, at the doorway, stood Anna with a smug expression on a face. It was a looked that Mia really just wanted to wipe off, or better yet, smack off.

She really didn't understand how Anna managed to get into the office once again. Especially after the last time. Mia thought she really ought to talk to Moses, down at the lobby, and let him know that Anna wasn't allowed up here.

"Oh, great. You're back," Mia groaned, rolling her eyes.

Her lack of enthusiasm was clearly evident for Anna to see, however, the smug expression on her face didn't waver.

Instead, Anna stepped further into Mia's office and stood right in front of the desk.

"Now, now, little Mia, that doesn't sound so professional," Anna said, her tone condescending.