31.

Due to Aaron and Melissa's visit, Mia had taken two days off of work so that she could stay with them. Since they had arrived on a Thursday and intended to stay till Sunday evening, she would be spending those two working days and then the weekend with them.

Mia didn't want to miss a moment to be with her brother and Melissa, especially since she didn't get to see them so often.

Despite that, she was willing to spend some time away from Aaron, to organise the meeting between Sebastian and him.

The visit was a bit of a surprise and Mia wasn't entirely sure if Aaron would even agree, which didn't leave much time for her to prepare for a proper meet-up between Sebastian and him, but she was determined to make it happen nonetheless.

She'd rather have them meet sooner than later, and not prolong it any further.

Which is why she headed to the office on her day off, to execute her plan.

***

The sun was rising high in the sky on the surprisingly bright, Friday morning and despite having a fair of work that he should be doing, Sebastian was instead sat in his office with Blake, as the two threw a basketball to one another.

For some odd reason, he couldn't seem to find it in himself to concentrate on his work at all. He'd look at papers, and his mind would drift off. He'd look at his screen, his eyes would then wonder. Nothing seemed to hold his focus today. Or yesterday.

Luckily for him, Blake had come by his office to talk to him about his own work, which Sebastian then used as an excuse to put off his own pending work.

It was strange. This wasn't him. He never delayed his work to then procrastinate, he was always focused. Yet, for some unfathomable reason, today his mind wouldn't let him pay attention.

He also wasn't entirely happy that Mia had taken two days off from work, and worse, she didn't give him a reason. She had only requested to take 'personal days', but that was it. There was no other information and he couldn't even ask about it.

It wasn't that he couldn't manage himself, his work, or his calendar for two days, but he didn't want to.

As the two carried on to throw the ball to each other from across the desk, a gentle knock at his office door had both, Sebastian and Blake, looking towards it.

"Come in," Sebastian called out.

The door then opened and slowly Mia peered through, a small smile on her face.

Sebastian couldn't help the happy feeling that he felt within him. His lips twitched, and a corner of it began to curl upwards into a small, hesitant smile.

His actions were unknown to him, however Blake noticed it and thought to bring up later on, to take the piss out of him.

"Hi," Mia greeted the both of them with a smile, as she looked towards them and noticed the basketball in Blake's hand.

"Hi," Sebastian replied, almost breathlessly.

He then watched as she walked further into his office and stood next to the chair that Blake was sat in, her eyes solely on him.