grey and the sun

so I think that 'yellow and the moon' deserves a second chapter here it is you all. (especially for reg seayceetings )

His eyes were shining brightly at the sight of her tiny florist shop. He quickly walked down the paved road, running his way through her store.

Sean knows that she will still be there, but somehow it was an obligation for him to get to her as fast as possible—even a second is so precious for him because who knows, maybe the sun does not rise today.

The bell on top of her store rang as he walked his way inside. Smelling the scents of the flowers, his eyes wandered through the tiny room just to spot Kaycee on her regular work space.

"Sorry we don't accept orders anymore."

Huh?

"Really, because the last time I got here you still do." He said, approaching her with a light steps. His eyes were ready to dance at the sight of being close with her—the sunshine.

But the music on his head stopped and so did his dancing eyes when she tilted her head to look at him.

She was nothing like the sunshine he knows. Kaycee Rice did not bleed yellow today.

Dark circles underneath her tired eyes. Her gaze was so empty and dark, even the devil would not be interested to stop by. She was wearing all dark as she let her messy hair down to her shoulders.

She forced a smile at him, holding on the grief she's battling through, "Not for you." She giggled, pretending that she is okay. At least Sean has to know she is okay.

But Kaycee Rice was a fool. Sean Lew knows his sunshine way too well, he knows that today she was hiding behind grey clouds. It was cold, not warm. It was grey and not yellow.

Sean examined her slowly, not giving any response as she walked through some buckets. Of course walking directly to the one filled with sunflowers, "As usual, yeah?" She asked and he nodded—his eyes were sharp, still trying to spot what might be wrong.

"Night flowers too?" She asked again, walking to the other side of the room with her head down. Kaycee does not want him to spot anything nor she dared to look at his dark brown eyes today. He might knew, and it'll be worse.

"Yeah, separate them onto two different bouquets." He requested. Without saying any words, Kaycee walked back to her space—her hands ready to do some crafting.

It was silent unlike usual. She did not hum to her favorite songs and he was not giggling at the sight of her being the clumsy and weirdo she is. Both of them did not start any conversation basically because Sean thought that Kaycee might need some space.

Sean sat on the corner of the room, his hands clasped together as his eyes were still trying to catch a glimpse of warmth from her. But it was none to be found.

She's painted in grey today, too dark. Was way too similar with him and he's not impressed. It felt like looking at his own reflection on the mirror. Even worse, if he have to compare, he was shining better than she was.

His eyes wandered through her petite figure, every part of her exposed skins—his eyes caught the sight of her collarbone that is covered in the thick wool material. Kaycee bent down slowly, aching as she tried to hold her pain.

He saw it.

Sean saw the purple-green bruise on her collarbone. His heart was torn apart seeing it as anger fueled his body.

"Mark did that?" He asked, trying to control his temper as he kept himself guarded. Sean approached her and immediately reached out for her hands, forcing Kaycee to stop whatever she is doing.