Chapter 2.

I shoved my books in my bag and continued to walk to my free period in the library.

"Can Olivia Greene please come to main reception, Olivia Greene to the main reception please!"

My name crackled over the intercom. I sighed and left my things down in the library and went to the reception. I knocked timidly on the door and gave myself permission to enter.

I coughed awkwardly, gaining the attention of one of the ladies.

"Ah! Olivia, your father left this for you," she handed me a brown paper bag.

I choked a thank you and ran to the library. I dumped the bag and ran to the bathroom. I stepped into the stall and locked the door. I crouched on the toilet and called my house phone where I knew my mom would be home.

"Uh... Hello... Greene residence," Mark said.

I sniffed,"put my mom on."

"F- sh- are you okay?" He seemed worried.

"Just get my fucking mom," I snapped through my tears.

"She's out... Uh, is there anything I can do?" He asked.

"Fuck," I muttered,"could you collect me from school please?"

"But it doesn't-" he began.

"And I'm sick so please collect me," I hissed.

"Jeez, someone's in a mood," he murmured before clearing his throat,"uh, yeah okay..."

"Thanks," I said coldly.

I left the bathroom and collected my things from the library without checking my face in the mirror, bad idea.

A sleek black truck pulled up and a window rolled down. Mark looked at me and beckoned for me to get in. I hastily threw my stuff in the back, taking extra care of my bass, and hopped in the front seat.

I pulled my sleeves down over my hands and chewed on part of it, a habit of mine, whilst staring out the window.

"So uh... Is that the style nowadays?" Mark asked awkwardly.

"What?" I snapped.

"Black tears?" He questioned, smirking.

"Fuck off, you insensitive little-" I said.

"Hey look we're home," he cut me off uneasily.

"Home? This isn't your home," I glared at him.

I got out and grabbed my stuff, slamming the door as hard as I could.

"You play bass?" His eyes lit up.

"Not much," I muttered.

"That's awesome," he grinned.

"Not really," I said,"not when the guy who is trying to take place of your dead dad plays it."

His face fell and he stopped short. He stood, rooted the spot, as I walked into the house.

"What's wrong with Mark?" My mom asked worriedly.

"Oh hello to you too. And thanks for asking, no, I'm not okay," I said moodily as I walked up stairs.

I dumped my bag and bass in my room and went down stairs.

"What's she doing home?" I heard a hushed hiss.

"I'M NOT DEAF!" I shouted to the house.

I carried on walking through the house and into the kitchen.