my queen (Tom Riddle x deaf!reader)

Anonymous;
I'd like to request a Tom x Reader on your Slytherin one-shots book please?? Could you do an imagine where the reasons deaf and Tom asks Dumbledore to give him extra lessons to teach him sign language to talk to her? Please and thanks X

- hope you like it :) -

"Helloooo?" Abraxas rung out, clapping his hands loudly behind the girls head. "Is she stupid or something?" He turned to Tom with a cringe on his face.

"No, you idiot, she's deaf," Tom rolled his eyes, tapping her on the shoulder and holding up his notebook. Across the page, in his typical beautiful handwriting, Tim had written 'do you mind if we sit here?'

She smiled and scribbled go ahead on the paper next to her, earning a soft smiled from the handsome boy. She continued to study, doing her potions homework as Tom and Abraxas started their Transfiguration assignment.

By the looks of it, the beautiful, silent girl had finished already and tucked her parchment back in her bag. Tom quickly caught her attention and slid his parchment towards her.

Do you mind if I borrow your notes? I won't cheat, I swear. He wrote, and she smiled and slid her book over.

He watched her in fascination as she signed a few words to her friends across the room. He smiled softly, not knowing how she could understand such strange hand movements. He watched intently, her finger and wrist twirling into letters and symbols he didn't understand, then he was determined.

He was going to speak to her whether it was the last thing he did.

~

"Don't forget, just because the assignment is over, doesn't mean homework isn't in accord," Dumbledore spoke, then class groaned. Well, except Y/N, who pulled a scroll from her bag and handed it to Dumbledore. "Alright everyone, dismissed," he called, taking the parchment as Y/N signed something to him. He chuckled loudly as the room cleared out, except for Tom and the two of them.

Dumbledore had a conversation with Y/N and then turned to Tom. "Oh, Tom. I didn't see you there," he chuckled, still laughing from his silent conversation with Y/N.

Y/Ns expression mirrored Dumbledore's; a look of pure happiness on her face. Tom smiled and shook his head. "No worry, professor. I just wanted to ask you about Y/N," he said softly as Y/N stood.

She signed something to Dumbledore, and then smiled at Tom, softly squeezing his hand, sending a warm, tingling sensation through him. He frowned at himself, but quickly replaced it with a polite smile as she waved goodbye and left the room.

"What is it about Y/N that you would like to know?" Dumbledore asked him, making Tom rather nervous.

"Well, you see, I quite... Um... I may have a small amount of feelings for her. I mean, you've seen her, and I'm sure she's just as smart and funny as she looks," Tom said softly. "But I wouldn't know. I can't sign," he gesture to his hands. "In the orphanage, I only received one lesson in sign language."

Dumbledore smiled at himself, and then looked back to Tom. "What is it you would like to learn?" He asked, making Tom flustered.

"How to speak with her," Tom told him. "She seems to have no problem in classes, without sign, and it makes no sense," he shook his head.

"Lip Reading," Dumbledore spoke with confidence. "A very useful tool to have. Thankfully, Y/N was not always deaf. She could hear so much up until she was in a duel with a young witch a few years ago. In their third year, the two of them had a bit of a falling out, and nobody was around so they started duelling. Y/N had won the duel, but lost part of herself."