Happy Christmas (Draco Malfoy)

I pressed the fork down, spearing a piece of chicken on the end. I sighed, already having eaten before dinner. I had to eat; we had guests over. The Malfoys, the Goyle's, the Crabbe's, the Nott's and the Zabini's. My mother always hosted them, no matter what events. Christmas and Easter especially; when the boys would be hyped on sugar and run in the large gardens of our land.

"Not hungry, Dear?" My father asked me, the attention of the large dinner table suddenly shifted onto me.

"No, father. I've already eaten today," I told him quietly. Lucius Malfoy eyed me carefully, just as my father did.

"Yes, well, you can go wash up for bed then," my father nodded to me. He knew I hated eating in front of people, regardless if I was hungry or not. "Be quick, dear."

"Yes, father," I nodded as I stood, the only girl at the table, besides the boys mother's. I straightened my black dress, tucking my hair behind my ear as the curls fell loosely around the front of my face. I made my way to the door, Goyle and Zabini's eyes, undoubtedly glued to my arse as I walked. The click of my heels faded as I made my way to the top of the stairway.

I got to my bedroom and grabbed some comfortable clothes. Before I opened the ensuite bathroom door, there was a knock on my bedroom door. "It's opened," I called out softly as I took my earrings out of my ears. The door opened to reveal Draco Malfoy, a nervous expression plastered across his face. "What can I do for you, Malfoy?" I asked him politely.

"Please, call me Draco," he said shakily. "My father wanted me to ask you if you're alright? You were behaving rather strangely at dinner and he thought it fit if I approached you, rather than him," the boy let out timidly. I smiled at Lucius' gesture.

Lucius was a foul, vicious man, but when it came to me, he was always polite. In his own, intimidating, vile, kind of way. He was close to a second father to me, clearly influenced by how close Draco and I have been since before we even started at Hogwarts.

"I'm perfectly fine," I smiled at him. "Tell your father I said thank you, and I appreciate the gesture. If you'll excuse me, I have to wash up and meet my father downstairs."

Draco smiled back, a soft nod. "You looked very beautiful tonight, might I add," he told me, making a blush rise in my cheeks. "Your mother would have been very proud of your appearance," I smiled at him, forcing the grief down my throat at the mention of my mother. "I just realised," he began, looking at the cupboard in front of me, neatly organised with clothes. "You haven't worn anything but black since she passed. I mean, besides your school uniform and the sweater I lent you," he said softly, getting closer with every word. He had stopped right in front of me by now, holding of my hands in his. "Don't let her death define you," he whispered softly. "Build off it. You're a strong, independent woman, Y/N. Don't be burdened by something you couldn't control," he softly kissed my temple, then turned to leave. "I'll see you downstairs, I trust."

I nodded quickly, turning to face the opposite way so he couldn't see how reddened my face had gotten from his intimate gesture. It has been that way since we were young children. Draco always making me blush. Either by making me jealous, especially with Pansy Parkinson or doing these sorts of things.

When he news of my mother being killed came around, it was terrifying. Not only for me and my father, but for the Malfoy's as well as the Goyle's. My mother was the best friend Narcissa ever had. I had grown up spending alot of my time in the Malfoy Manor, yet a few years into it, we changed to spending time in our own Manor. The Malfoy's, especially Narcissa, would come by rather often, bringing freshly cooked meals and folded laundry for us after my mother passed.

The night she died, my father freed our house elves, letting them leave the manor. Gilly, the oldest was thrilled, but the other, Mano, was rather insulted. But nonetheless, they left us. I had offered them to stay and live with us, not having to serve, but they refused and went on their way.