Divination with Draco (Theodore Nott)

Everyone knew the shy Slytherin boy. The sat in the back of the room in Snape's potions class. He kept to himself mostly, but every now and again you could see him speaking to Draco Malfoy or Blaise Zabini. He wasn't the sweetest boy on the planet, this boy, but he wasn't a bad person. He wasn't a cruel person, or a foul git. He was just... Himself. He was Theodore Nott.

He was rather attractive, too. Well, in my own opinion, that is. Not many people knew my opinion, however. I was much like Theodore; I kept to myself, stayed out of trouble and did what was asked of me by each professor without question or trouble.

"And the liquid should now be dark green in colour," Snape's voice cut my thoughts from continuing. "Excellent, Miss (L/N)," Snape looked at my cauldron.

"I can't take all the credit, professor. Seamus did most of it," I lied quietly. Snape nodded at me. I did the potion basically all by myself, but I knew Seamus needed extra credits in Potions to pass his O.W.L.S.

"Very well, then. Ten points to Gryffindor," Snape said blandly. My lab partner, the one and only Seamus Finnigan smiled gratefully.

"You didn't have to do that," Seamus told me. I just shrugged my shoulders, not knowing what else to say. I glanced over briefly to see that Theodore Nott was stirring his mixture, a dark green fluid of Draught of the Living Dead. He was perfecting it, just like I had; yet Snape said no praise to him. He just simply nodded.

"Alright, as I said; next week will be your O.W.L exams," Snape's got everyone's attention. "I expect everyone here should be passing," he droned on for a while. "Dismissed."

With that, I gathered my books quickly and made my way to dinner. I was starving. As I shoved my way through the corridors, a hand grabbed my wrist. "Where are you off to so quickly?" The boy who owned the hand asked. I followed the arm up to the face and smiled.

"To find you," I told the Hufflepuff. "I'm starving, Ernie, come on."

He chuckled smoothly. "Sorry, darling, I can't tonight. I'm going to sit with the new girl. She's just transferred and she doesn't speak a lick of English," he explained apologetically. "I'll see you in the library, yeah?"

"Make that tomorrow at breakfast," it was my turn to look apologetically at my best friend. "I have to tutor Draco tonight, remember?"

His face said it all. "I don't want you and him ding anything besides studying-"

I rolled my eyes. Here comes the 'talk'. He always gives me the bloody talk when I say anything about a boy. "Fine, fine, fine," I shoved him towards the library. "Go and meet your lovely foreign woman."

He smiled once more, then left me standing in the empty corridor alone. I started walking, coming closer to the whispering voices of boys around the corner. I mentally groaned; hoping it wasn't the Gryffindor sixth graders that keep slapping my arse everytime they walked past.

Surely enough, it was. I huffed and walked by, trying to create as much distance as possible, until a hand firmly squeezed my ass over my robes.

"Hey!" An unfamiliar voice snapped. "Touching a lady without her permission is rude," I turned at the voice to see Theodore Nott, pressing the sixth grader against the wall aggressively. "Leave her alone. Next time I hear you've touched her, I'll skin you alive."

My stomach tangled itself over. He was talking - well, threatening - and he was defending me. If God is real, he had definitely sent this boy himself. I quickly looked at him and smiled a soft 'thank you', and then turned around to walk away.

Instead of moving, I stayed put. Realising why, I turned around again. Theodore had grabbed my hand and was holding it in his. The sixth graders had left, and Theodore smiled softly.