stargazing (Draco)

Draco and Y/N, eleven years old.

"What's that one?" Draco asked me, making my giggle. "What's funny, L/N? I'm serious!" He got offended quickly, which made me laugh even harder. "What constellation is it then, smarty?" He huffed.

"You're so stupid, Malfoy," I laughed at him. "That's Draco," I told him, pointing to where he just did. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"I'm named after a dragon, not the stars," he spat, making my laughter die.

"You're so annoying," I huffed, then sat up, the grass in my legs starting to itch. I dusted off my dress, but Draco's hand grabbed mine.

"Where are you going? We haven't seen a falling star yet, we can't leave. That's the rules," he frowned at me. I huffed and looked back up at the sky. "I'm sorry if I ruined your fun," he said softly, making me smile.

"We have to go inside now, Draco. I'm cold," I told him with a smile. "We can find falling stars tomorrow when we get to Hogwarts."

His face lit up. "They have a giant telescope there! Father told me all about it!"

I smiled and then the wind blew, shaking my curly hair and making me shiver. Draco noticed and acted immediately. He does it all the time.

He took his jacket off and swung it around my shoulders, hugging me to his side as he fixed my hair over the jacket. "Five more minutes?" Draco asked me softly, making me smile.

I nodded a d kissed his cheek quickly. "Five more minutes."

Draco and Y/N, twelve years old.

"Saint Potter almost got himself killed again," he rolled his eyes as he laid down. "He's twelve years old, wouldn't you expect him to leave the dark wizard fighting to the grown ups?"

"I've heard enough about Potter," I huffed. "Let's just lay down. It's only us here now, not Potter and not Blaise."

He smiled softly and laced his fingers with mine. "Pansy doesn't like you, you know? She called you a slob at the station when father picked me up. She said you're only friends with me for my money," he sighed. "You're not, are you?"

I frowned. "Why would you even ask me that? Of course not. I'm twelve, I don't have to think about money," I rolled my eyes, staring at the stars.

"Then why are you my friend? Everyone knows I'm rude to everyone," he said softly. "I'm even rude to you in front of Crabbe and Goyle," he admitted quietly.

I smiled softly and turned to look at him. "I'm your friend because I know exactly who you really when you aren't around your precious Pansy. I know how sweet and kind you really are," I pinched his nose. "Hogwarts changed you, but I was expecting it. You always strive to be the best, because it's who you are. I just hope you don't forget me while you're doing it."

He chuckled and issues my cheek quickly. "I could never forget a girl like you," he told me.

I blushed a deep shade of red and smiled to myself. "You're my best friend, Draco," I sighed. "I love you."

He smiled softly and pulled me into his chest as we stared at the stars. "I love you, too."

Draco and Y/N, thirteen years old.

I huffed, staring up at the sky as I heard footsteps approaching. "Please just leave me alone," I sighed, but the person ignored my request.

Instead, legs were either side of my body and a pair of thin, pale arms wrapped around my figure, pulling me into their chest. The scent hit my like a tonne of bricks and I sighed, breathing it in.