He looked to her in confusion, and she softly laughed. "The music as well as the nature sounds help me fall asleep. I don't listen to them at the same time, but I mainly listen to them when I can't fall asleep. I would open your window, but I don't have a screen to prevent the bugs from getting in."

He nodded, and she helped him up. They had lunch, and y/n set up some beach sounds for him. He was surprised that he actually fell asleep with no nightmares.

Several months had passed, and Loki was adjusting to this life. This Earth, as far as he knew, was pretty much the same. The only real difference is that no one has powers. The only one he really missed was his mother Frigga.

Loki had learned to use a lot of the technology, and he also learned about life on Earth as well. He actually thought Earth was very interesting.

He thought y/n was also very interesting. He couldn't believe she could have so much compassion for him. He'd been with her for eleven months now, and each day he looked forward to spending time with her. When she held his hand, he felt so much comfort. He realized he had grown very attached to her, and he had feelings for her.

Tonight she and Loki were going to parade since her cousin's little girl was on a parade float. He was surprised that so many people were there.

Loki couldn't believe that so many people showed up for the parade. Y/n told him her cousin, which in his world had been the captain, Chris and his wife Hayley were somewhere across the street.

A vendor walked by, and y/n jumped up and down grabbing Loki's arm. "We should get some cotton candy Tom."

He looked around then back at her laughing as well. "Okay." He paid for the cotton candy, and y/n's eyes lit up.

She got close to him, and whispered in his ear. "Thank you Loki."

He blushed not long after. He loved when she called him by his real name. She often did at home, but she normally called him Tom in public for his safety.

The parade started, and everyone began to get rowdy. Loki found himself protectively wrapping his arm around y/n's waist. He almost thought he saw her blush.

"Do you want to try some cotton candy?" She asked raising up some of the blue fluffy food.

He decided to try some. He took it from her telling her thanks. He thought it tasted pretty sweet, and he found himself eating more.

"Look, there's her float." Y/n pointed to the float where young girls and boys wore crowns. "She got Queen of her kindergarten class. Those are all the Kings and Queens of each grade at their school, but they aren't actually like rulers. It's all for fun. It's a fundraiser based thing, and it helps raise money for the school."

Loki nodded and continued to watch the parade. Then sirens began to go of, and Loki  gently pulled y/n closer to him. She turned and looked to him, "Are you okay? The sirens are bringing up memories aren't they?"

He closed his eyes and nodded. He felt her wrap her arms around his shoulders as she rubbed the top of his back. "Let's go home. I got to see Eleanor, so let's go home."

She let go and grabbed his hand leading him out of the crowd. She helped him get in the car, and she got in the driver's side. "I'm going to turn on the air conditioner as high as it'll go so you'll have air on your face. Take deep breaths for me okay? When we get home, I'll make you some hot chocolate. I'll even make popcorn, and we could watch some movies. Does that sound good?"

Loki just nodded as he continued to breath in and out. He finally calmed down, and he found himself holding her hand for comfort. When they got home, y/n turned on the lights and screamed.