Chapter 1: Departure

Welcome to Deserted Together! Thank you for choosing my story ❤️. If you want more stories like this, check out my other books Maybe Happily After and Spinning out! Enjoy!

 If you want more stories like this, check out my other books Maybe Happily After and Spinning out! Enjoy!

Rae's POV

Rae's POV

The sound of my alarm rang violently in my ears, jolting me awake.

The red numbers on the clock read 6 am. I grumbled into my pillow.

I hate waking up so early.

Today's the day. No more countdown calendars. This was it.

I roll out of bed and walk into my bathroom, turning on the light.

My hair was wrapped in a hair-tie to keep my new box braids neat. The bags under my eyes that stared back at me was a true indicator that I could barely sleep last night.

Just the thought of being on the beach with my best friends made me restless.

Lola, Tate, and I had devised a plan since the start of senior year that we were going to vacation somewhere awesome this summer. This is our last summer, just me and the girls sounded like amazing and convincing my mom of this idea took months and months of begging.

"Rae, Hurry up! You've got to get going so you don't miss your flight!", my mom yells from downstairs.

"Coming!" I answer.

I finish in the bathroom and grabbed my backpack with my suitcase. I put on my red life guard hoodie, ripped jeans, and threw on some flip flops.

I take one more look around my room to make sure I wasn't leaving anything and turn the lights off.

I come downstairs and am immediately greeted with the smell of homemade waffles on a plate at the breakfast table, as my mom made eggs on the stove.

"Good morning, sweetheart. I made you some waffles to eat before you go."

"Thanks mom, but I'm already late and I don't think I have time." I roll my suitcase and headed towards the door.

"Yes, you do. So sit." She points to the chair.