Chapter 3: In Memory

On October 20th Marissa was at the Blue Note club tuning guitars. It was the one year anniversary of losing Mitchell. They posted the "In Memory of Steel" they never used their real names when it came to the band. Micah came up to her and said "You doing okay..Rose." 

"Yeah.." she said 

"I see you got some new ink." he said as he saw her arm.

She smiled "Yeah.." she said 

The show started and Micah walked out

The show started and Micah walked out. "Welcome everyone as you all know a year ago we lost one of founding members of Steel Rose. That was Steel but it was Rose that said he wouldn't want us to give up so we have been trucking through it. Tonight we are honoring you tonight Steel so tonight is going to be a mix of songs. So we hope you enjoy the show." Micah said

Everyone clapped and whistled 

Marissa went to the bar and had 4 shots of tequila and shared a joint with her brother's ex girlfriend Cassie who was her back up vocal. Then walked up on stage with her hair all curled and her outfit on. 

They started up 'Every Rose Has It's Thorn" she saw Bucky in the crowd with his band

They started up 'Every Rose Has It's Thorn" she saw Bucky in the crowd with his band. Then they went into "World In Flames" by In This Moment. 

She kept her eyes closed as she held the mic that was still on the stand. "Let's Rock" she said as she started up "Prisoner."on her guitar. Wanda and Natasha were singing along and dancing. She kept her eyes closed cause she was afraid to many similar flirty cheer looks might give her secret away. 

Bucky watched her work her guitar and bit his lip and licked lips. Then he lit up a cigarette and sat back in his seat. The next song she did was " Heaven Knows" by Pretty Reckless. After the server brought her two shots of tequila and she had the whole bar singing. 

Then she went into "My Immortal" by Evanescence but she didn't put her guitar up cause they were doing the band verision. 

"Whose the girl?' Bucky said to Natasha.

"I have no idea you heard the guy at the beginning the band is called Steel Rose. She's the Rose and the other lead singer was Steel. So they clearly don't use their real names." Natasha said 

She continued to sing as she got her guitar ready to hit her solo and note and she shredded. Bucky's mouth fell open "God damn.." he said when he heard her shred the solo. 

After a few more songs and more shots later she was closing the show out with "Lost At Sea" By In This Moment and "Amen" By Halestorm. Wanda was sitting on Clint's lap. "Whoever she is though Buck has some damn good taste in music." 

"And some killer pipes." Sam said 

After the show was over she went over and order four more shots. "Great show.." she heard behind her. She stopped mid second shot she knew that voice. 

"Thanks" she said as she turned around as she did another shot. 

"Welcome.." he said then he joined his friends.

She let out a breathe "Oh god that was close." she whispered 

Micah said "When are you going to be done hiding this side of you.." 

She smiled "When I'm ready." she said 

They got out to the car and Micah kissed her  "I'm sorry for what I said let's fuck.." he whispered 

She smiled at him "Your place.." she said 

"Mmm of course." he said 

Bucky seen them whispered "Bad idea darlin." as he remembered how awkward it was when him and Wanda use to date when they first started.