Prep Time

I bolted towards dad and hugged him. He smelled like smoke and metal. The only real difference about him was his haircut and his eyes.

"Did you steal mom's eyeliner," I teased.

"I missed you kiddo." Dad ruffled my hair.

"I missed you too," I said stepping away. "I'm glad you're back."

Dad smiled at mom and I, then walked over to the others. He didn't mention anything about what happened while he left. He didn't even say why he left. I was glad. At this point I just wanted to move on.

"So what's this I hear about time travel?" asked Dad.

He was shown the suits and the watches.

"Time travel suit? Not bad," said Dad.

"Hey, hey, hey. Easy, easy!" exclaimed Scot. We all turned to see Bruce holding some glass vials.

"I'm being very careful," Bruce said.

"No, you're being very Hulky."

"I'm being careful."

"These are Pym particles, all right?" snapped Scot. "And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more."

"Calm down, Scot,"I said.

He looked around at us and took a deep breath. "Sorry."

"We've got enough for one round trip, each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus, One test run," explained Bruce.

"All right. I'm not ready for this," said Scot.

"I'm game. I'll do it," said dad.

"What?" I blurted. "You just got back."

"He will only be gone for a split second," said Bruce who looked extremely awkward.

Mom whispered something is dad's ear that sounds like. "If you die, I am going to kill you."

I squeezed dad's hand, then walked over to mom. While I did this Bruce explained to dad what was going to happen.

"Wait a second," said Rhodey. "let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know? And..." He made a cutting motion with his hands.

"First of all, that's horrible," said Bruce.

"It's Thanos."

"Also that's not how time travel works," I said.

Rhodey looked at me strangely. "How would you know?"

"When I was thirteen my Brest friend at my MAGIC SCHOOL used a travel travel necklace to take every class the school offered to our grade."

"I'm sorry, what?" said Rhodey. "There are witches now?"

"She's right," said Bruce quickly. "time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future."

"That's why my friend could do that without throwing off everyone's timeline."

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved," said Scot.

"Bingo," said Rhodey.

"Did you even listen to us?" I said.

"That's not how it works," said Bruce.

"Well, that's what I heard," said Scot.

"What? By who? Who told you that? Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time," exclaimed Bruce.