"Oh my goodness thank you, I was so nervous that I would fail." I held my chest and wiped the sweat of my forehead.

"Even if you miss the whole year I don't think you'll fail." She chuckled.

"Not to ruin the mood or anything but why am I here?" Darius asked and I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"Right Darius you started the year just 4 weeks ago and your failing tremendously." She says.

"How many times am I gonna hear this?" He said annoyed.

"Till you take your work for seriously, not just this class either, but all your classes."

"Mrs. Ran are you and my other teachers gossiping about me?" He smirked.

"No one is gossiping Darius, we're just concerned, which is why.."

"Why what?" He rolled his eyes and fixed his bag on his shoulder.

"I want Desiree to tutor you." She said. I look at her with wide eyes.

"Me?" I pointed to my chest.

"Abso-fucking-lutely not. I don't need a tutor." He said shaking his head.

"Language and yes you do. And this isn't a opinion it's a must. It's either you get tutor or you'll get removed from this class from lack of work ethics." She said.

"You can't remove me, my dad will freak." He said.

"Then you have no choice then to let Desiree tutor you." She smiled.

"Fine, I'll do my work you don't have to let her tutor me ." He said.

"It's a little to late for that dear."

"Not to be rude or anything but why do I have to tutor him?" I asked.

"Well you did sign up for the tutor committee, don't you remember?" I thought about then it hit me. On the second day of school Iyan and I were going around signing up for random clubs we knew that wouldn't run. I thought they canceled the tutor club since my name was the only one on the list.

"Yeah." I said.

"Great, you can tutor him until he get a 80 on one of his essays." She says.

"What?!" He exclaimed.

"You heard me. Desiree are you willing to do that?"

"Um."

"Please?" I looked at Darius to see his annoyed facial and Mrs. Ran beggging eyes.

"I mean I have no choice." I shrug.

"Thank you so much Desiree! This means a lot."

"I never said yes." Darius said.

"Darius I told you, you have no choice. All you have to do is score an 80, how bad can it be?"

"Why are you doing this?"

"For your own good. Junior year is very important to pass as well." She says. He sighed with frustration and tried to contain himself from arguing since he knew that's what he had to do.

"Fine." He mumbled.

"Perfect!" She clapped her hands.

"Can I go now?" Darius asked.

"Yes you may." We both leave and she thanks me again.

When we get to the hallway I call Darius before he walks off.

"What?" He turns around.

"Well we have to schedule our first session ." I say. He walks closer to me trying to not be annoyed.