Part Three

"Hey, Josie, this is..." Mother says.

"Mr. Ice," I replied coolly. "I see you found my house, why are you here?" What the freaking heck! Leave my family alone! We don't need another 'Dad'!

"Josie... I..." Mr. Ice stutters. "I just wanted to say, that... I am not actually a 'Mr.' I am Dr. Ice. I helped your mother with your dad's health." LEAVE! I don't care just leave us alone!

"Well, that was a long time ago. It is time to leave." I state calmly. And with that, he left. I go up to my room and lock the door. I finish my homework and go right to bed without eating dinner. When I wake up, mom isn't yelling for me to wake up. 5:30 a.m. Wow. Why now? I get out of bed and start my morning routine. As I go down for breakfast, I see mom on the couch curled around a picture of dad. He is a tall man with purple eyes like mine. He has bright red hair, shining in the morning light. My hair is like his but is a strawberry blond, a mix of mom and dad's hair, but my hair is lighter. I go over to mom and put the picture back. I pick up a blanket and put it over her. I grab a breakfast bar and a smoothie that she made yesterday for breakfast.

I leave the house and walk to The Spot. Zen isn't there. I check my phone. 7:00. He should be here. I see a note. RUN!!! It is in Zen's handwriting. As I look up I see Dr. Ice standing silently, a bat in hand, standing by a tree. He seems to be saying with his eyes, something important. But then he hits me in the head with the bat. The last thing I see is the note saying run.

I wake up in a place that looked like it had been well kept for someone who lived alone. The floor is white and polished, even though it has bleach marks. 'I wonder what that is covering up.' I see Zen sitting strapped in a chair. Then I notice that I am too. I look around to see if Kat is as well. I see her in a chair with Edan standing over her. Edan sees me staring at Kat, and gives me an evil smile. I KNEW IT!!! I Knew He Was Evil! Man, I wish Kat had seen it, or she could still be home. Unless... Dr. Ice got her at The Spot... Edan walks over to my bedside and tuns a nob. I immediately start to feel drowsy. The last thing I see before I blackout is Edan. He is still smiling, but looking at Kat like a lost puppy.