Part Two

"Well... that was interesting," Kat says. "I hope we never see him again!"

"I do to Kat, I do too," I say. I really hope we don't see him again.

"You can never be quite sure what will happen next." Zen states calmly. I have never understood Zen. No-one at school understands Zen, no matter how hard they try.

I look at my watch. 7:30. 15 min until class starts! "On to school guys, or we are going to be late!" I state. We start running down the street. Peasants scatter around us as we rush to school. When we finally reach Silver Shore High, we are out of breath. 3 minutes until class starts! 3 minutes until class starts! The loudspeaker announced. "RUN!!" I yell.

We make it with one minute left. The class parts to make way for the richest, most popular, and most daring kids in the school. We take our normal seats at the back of the class and see a new student in the empty desk next to mine. I don't pay him any attention, but Kat looks interested in the new student. Kat asks if we can trade seats for the day. Just then the bell rings. Mr. Fargo walks in with his tablet. Just in time!

We learn nothing because the teachers have decided that today will be a movie day. Wow, they must really be tired of teaching for every class to show us a movie. But by the time we get to Science, we actually want to learn something. As we walk in we see that our teacher, Mr. Wrong, is nowhere to be seen. On the board, he has written a note: Class has been canceled. Go home and have a great day. - Mr. Wrong. Well... that was weird. He never does that. We walk home in silence. My lungs fill and then deflate. Kat waves a cheery goodbye as she walks away with the new kid, someone named Edan Bell. They would make a cute couple. No. No, they wouldn't. I feel Zen staring at me. I immediately stop staring at Kat and Edan and start walking. Zen, at some point, branches off to his home. When I get home, I open the door to see Mr. Ice talking to my mother.