Part Five

"Now what makes you think we will do anything for you?" Kat asks. You go, girl! Tell that monster.

"Edan contacted your parents and told them that instead of going to school today, you went to the beach," Dr. Ice says, then adds. "He told them that you were reckless and went too far into the ocean and were dragged to the bottom never to be seen again. We also implanted a brain stimulus that will let us control your every movement."

"Well, Kat, I don't think we have a choice. If we don't help him, he will do it anyway." She has to stop talking. I give Kat the look of there is more to it than I'm saying. Zen caches the look and slightly nods. "When do we start?"

"After your training," he says pleasantly, happy that we will 'help' him. He doesn't know that I can read his mind, there are no brain stimulus.

The training was hard and tiresome. After the first week, we were in better shape then we would have been if we were at home for a month. We have been working on physical strength. We would fist fight dummies until our hand cracked and bled, then start the process over again after our hands healed. We also lifted weights and ran on treadmills for hours until we could run no more.

Learning how to fly. It might seem hard, but I understand it, sort of, after wondering if we would ever. In my room, I would think of flying. Flying like a bird. I thought of being in the sky free from all the pressures of the world. I felt my feet leave the ground. That was the first time I tried to fly. Now I lift off the ground without a thought.

When we start to learn about how to fly, as a group, Dr. Ice knows that I learned how to by myself after he asked us to try to fly. Kat and Zen are having trouble learning to fly. I give them some steps to learn how to fly, the same steps I used. Kat and Zen are better the next day when they are flying. After three weeks of flying training, Dr. Ice finally brings us into a new room.