Chapter 10: Sacrifices

Narrator

A few moments ago

Ella was knocked off by a guard thrown by Kevin.

"Ahhhh!!!" Ella screamed as herself and the guard fell off the castle, it was certain death if she hit the ground from this height. But instead, somebody grabbed her hand and stopped her from falling. At first, she thought it was one of her guards, "Thank..." However, when she looked up, it was Ben.

Ben helped her got up, "Why? Why? Why did you save me?" Ella asked softly. "Err... I..." Ben seemed to have a lot to say, but he stuttered, failed to spill out the words.

Ben pulled Ella back up onto solid ground, Ella was fine, she stood up, walking back a few steps.

"I don't know what your angle is but it isn't going to work!" Ella tried to be tough again.

"Listen to me, Ella! We are on the same side! I.. I mean we, we all love you!" Ben was trying to convince Ella.

"Oh! Love me? None of you can match my king. No one can ever match him." Ella regained her confidence.

"Then... Then tell me about it." Ben was trying to calm down, as well as waste some time.

Ella began her story, "Then listen carefully! Many many many years ago, not long after I was born, my parents abandoned me... I was alone, homeless. Never felt warmth, never felt comfort, never felt love. I was forced to beg for food, from houses to houses, doors to doors. It was not cool, so NOT COOL! During one of the summers, I was exhausted, melting, I was too weak to walk... I fell to the ground, I thought it was the end of me."

"However, not long afterwards, I felt shade, I looked up, it was a little boy..."

Are you alright?

Ice... Please... Food...

"Then I faded... When I woke up, I was inside a palace..."

We heard from our young prince that you were homeless, now you are not!

"It was our previous king. They saved me. As for the little boy who found me, you've probably guessed it. It was Whittaker."

All of a sudden, Paradox appeared out of nowhere, "This is the part where you don't know, your parents didn't abandon you, they left you on the street because your family was on the wrong side of a civil war. And young prince saved you isn't because he was nice, it was because the royal family needed a girl from a poor family to marry the prince in the future to show the people that they are the nice side that deserves to win the civil war."

Paradox continued, "In a political world, there are no true friends, sadly..."

Paradox finished his speech and disappeared, leaving only Ben and Ella.

"Ok! There might be a lot I didn't know, perhaps it is true, but what about you? You claim to care for me, I don't remember you doing anything for me?" Ella showed her toughness again.

Ben was deeply hurt by this question Ella "asked", "We were best friends... I did... so much... You don't remember any of that?"

Ella replied, "What I know is that you Earth scums locked me up in some testing facility for years! And Whittaker told me that earthlings are all evil, and I agree deeply."

~~~~~~
"What do you have to say now? huh? Before I turn you into dust? Another new transformation?"

Ben kept silent for a while, "I really don't know what I can say but..." Ben turned over to take a look at Gwen, Kevin and Rook who were being overpowered by the insane amount of guards.