Chapter 8: Old Friend

Ella's perspective

It was horrible. I felt so dizzy just like waking up from a comma. The room or hall or whatever was dark. It was also cold, but not freezing.

"Ah! Ella, you woke up!"

"Who... who... who are you?" I yelled.

"Welcome back home my girl!" The voice seemed very happy.

"What? Who's your girl?" I was confused.

"You are! My fiancee!" An alien made of ice wearing a crown stepped out of the shade.

"What? I'm not even one of your species! And I am not interested in hanging out with an ice alien!" I shouted at the alien... king?.

The alien smiled at me while untying me.

"My beautiful girl..." the alien king replied while putting his icy fingers on my face. I looked at myself, I was still wearing my white shirtdress.

"You are just in time! Ella! I couldn't believe I will see you again! We can finally carry on with our wedding!" the ice alien screamed in joy.

"I... I don't know what you are talking about. Besides I'm not ready to marry anyone, I don't even know who you are. Are you crazy?" I got angry at the alien king.

"Oh, darling... Calling me crazy, that hurts... However I hope you will reconsider this, you are one of us! You deserve a lot more than staying on Earth without a mother, without a home, sleeping in someone else's sofa at night..." the alien king wanted to continue but I interrupted him, "Excuse me!" I got really angry at him, "I'm warning you not to speak of my mother, or I will hurt you!"

"Lovely Ella! Trying to threaten me! You are still the same just like years ago! You remind me of why I liked you when I was just prince of the Icetofriggians." The alien king continued, "Guards! Keep my fiancee in the room, give her some personal space to reconsider, I'll get else something to convince her tomorrow."

The alien king walked away, "Hey! What do you mean, 'Something else'?" Whatever that is, it doesn't sound good...

~~~~~~~

The Next day

I was still locked in the big empty room. I struggled to sleep last night, trying to figure out what was the alien king talking about. Everything he said just doesn't make sense, I was never engaged with anyone, I don't even know him... 

I was trapped in the room all by myself, with only a mirror and a bed and nothing else, I was getting really really bored and mad at the same time. "I need to get out of here!" I told myself.

"Breakfast!" A guard outside the door yelled, she opened the door to serve me breakfast, I took the chance and attempted to run away, but I was stopped a really strong arm. I looked up, it was the alien king, "Don't run away my girl." the alien king said with a playful voice, "Don't call me that! I'm warning you!" I shouted at the alien king.

Later, I was bought back to the room I was locked in. The alien king was there as well, he placed a cup of water next to me and sat down on the bed.

"First, I'm going to kindly ask you once again. Will you accept..." I didn't even give the alien king time to finish his question, "Don't even think about it!" I turned my face away to face the mirror.

"Well then, I have a surprise for you!" the alien king seemed very happy, he then ordered his guards to bring him something. 

"What is this surprise?" I asked despite the fact that I was not interested in what it was. "Something that will make you change your mind, of course!" the alien king quickly replied.

The "surprise" was a photo album, the alien king opened the album and showed me a photo. On the photo, there was an Icetofriggian with a crown, a little Icetofriggian boy and a little Icetofriggian girl. "Remember anything?" the alien king asked.

The instant my eyes met the photo, something came up in my mind but I just couldn't tell what was it. The photo looked familiar,  but I couldn't tell.  The only thing I notice is that the little Icetofriggian boy looked like the alien king.

"No, not a clue," I replied. The alien king then took out another photo, it was a spaceship with a little Icetofriggians girl standing just outside the door waving to the camera, or whoever was behind the camera.

Suddenly a shock goes through my head, I felt like I remember something. An image was formed in my head, it was exactly like what happened in the photo, except, from another angle, from the angle of the little Icetofriggian girl...

"The girl was you, the person you were waving at was me." The alien king told me, he then continued, "We were best friends, every kid on the planet were jealous of you because you were the best friend of the Icetofriggian prince."

I kept silent, I was slowly starting to remember things, it was too much for me to take in, for all my childhood life I thought I was just another girl, I never thought I am from another planet.

I finally decided to speak, softly, "I'm the only reason you came to Earth?"

The alien king replied, "Well... Not really, but you are the main reason."

I suddenly remembered something, "You came to finish the mission, aren't you?"

Narrator

"Yes! You remember now! Come, let's finish the mission together. Think about this, you are nothing as a human, no matter what you do, there will be another person better then you. Here, you are just another ordinary girl. However, if you come with me, you will become the second most powerful person in an entire race, people will obey you, you can have whatever you want! I, ... I! ,can give you so much more than anyone can ever give you." the alien king said.

Ella stared at her lap, processing what the person next to her just said, considering her options. She was getting thirsty, so she picked up the cup full of water next to her and drank. She thought the water tasted a little bit weird so she stopped drinking it and ask, "Is this water?"

"Yes, it is, what's wrong?" the alien king answered. 

(What Ella didn't know was that some chemicals were added to the water she drank, the chemicals would 'unlink' the recent memories so that Ella will not remember all the things that happened to her when she was a human.)

"I'm not sure but I am feeling a little bit dizzy," Ella replied.

"You should take a nap, maybe it's because you didn't sleep well yesterday night." As the alien king finished his sentence, Ella was already asleep, not knowing the fact that when she woke up, she would only remember she went on a mission to 'scout' Earth for a new planet for her species to live, and she would not remember Ben, Gwen or any other humans she had met.

"It's working perfectly! I can't wait for you beautiful to wake up! Then, both of my wishes will all come true! Actually, three of my wishes..." the alien king smirked at the sleeping Ella, before leaving the room.

To be continued...