Chapter 2: Accidental Discovery

Narrator

Ben was standing outside Ella's house figuring out where Ella could be. Suddenly, his phone rang, it was Rook.

"Mr. Tennyson, we got a problem at the Local Ice Factory."

"I'll be right there," Ben replied. Then he transformed to Jetray and arrived at the Factory. There were lots of police around the building.

Ben found Rook, "What happened here?"

Rook replied, "Apparently, some Ice Alien just like the one we fought before captured this factory for the ice."

"Then why aren't the police busting in?" Ben asked.

"That's because the alien held a teenage girl as a hostage, so the police didn't take action yet." Rook continued.

"Well, I'm not going to wait here, I'm going to phase into the building as Big Chill then free the factory!" Ben said as he was about to slam his watch.

"Wait!" Rook yelled, "Remember intangible doesn't mean invisible. You could get spotted then the hostage..."

"It's fine." Ben transformed into Big Chill and entered the building, just as he turned back from intangible, he was welcomed with a bang on the head. Ben got knocked on the ground and is reverted back to himself. Luckily Big Chill took the damage and Ben was still able to get up.

"I have been expecting you, Ben Tennyson." An Icy alien came out from the shadows. "What did you hit me with? Your fist?" Ben was surprised how hard was the alien's bare fist. "Yes, Ben Tennyson, always getting in our way." The alien sighed. "Get in your what now? I don't even know you or your race." Ben replied, he got annoyed so he was about to use his watch again.

"Oh don't use your Omnitrix on me, the hostage seems to need it more!" the Alien pointed to a girl tied up next to a huge fridge full of ice. It was Ella.

Ben ran over to Ella, her body was freezing cold. "What... What did you do to her?" Ben yelled.

"Oh nothing... I just bought her to where I feel comfortable most... That's is, the fridge." the Alien laughed, thinking what he just said was hilarious.

"You monster! Oh you really are." Ben transformed into Heatblast and warm Ella up. "Thank you, Ben. You're..."

Ella was interrupted by ice blasting at Ben as Heatblast. As Heatblast isn't so "friendly" with ice or water, he got weak and was unable to fight back, his fire got extinguished.

"Haha.. haa, I'm a genius! Tricking you into turning into the easiest alien to defeat. Time to finish you off." the Alien said as he walked towards Ben holding a big chunk of ice.

Ella, on the other hand, was scared, she can't just watch Ben suffer, she had to do something. While she panicked, she accidentally pulled the curtain that covered the window, the hot summer sunshine shine right on to the Alien.

The Alien started to melt and quickly turned into a pile of water. Ben looked over to Ella while the watch timed out.

"I'm the hero this time!" Ella yelled happily.

"You are just lucky this once!" Ben joked.

~~~~~~~
But after they left, the alien freezed back to his original form again...

~~~~~~~
Night time, Ben, Ella, Gwen, Kevin and Rook all met at Mr.Smoothies

Ben introduced Ella to the rest of the group.

Ella's perspective

"Who is this? Your new girlfriend?" Kevin joked.

I felt my face heating up after Kevin asked Ben that. It was awkward. I can see Ben's face also turned red. Does that mean...

"We are just friends, from elementary school, unlike you two," Ben replied, after thinking for a while.

Then the group go on and chat, Ben also help Gwen and Kevin catch up on what had happened. I was just sitting next to Ben, listening.

"Well, tonight I and Kevin will go to a dance party," Gwen told everyone happily, but Kevin didn't seem happy about it.

I was hoping Gwen would go on and invite me and Ben so I can have a dance with Ben as well but that didn't happen.

Anyway, after the chat ended, Gwen and Kevin went to the party, Ben and Rook head off in another direction while I walked home.

On the way, I saw an old woman being threatened with a knife, forcing her to hand over her wallet to two young men.

I couldn't just let that happen, so I ran over and shouted at the two men before they got the wallet, I got their attention.

"Oh look what we have here, a pretty young girl, what do you think you are doing?" One of the men asked.

"Stopping you from doing what you are doing!" I shouted back bravely, I was always the brave kind of girl.

"Let me handle this." the other men shouted as he charges at me with the knife. I dodged 3 or 4 times, but eventually got hit. I thought I was going feel pain, but instead, when the knife hit me, it sounded like stabbing hard metal.

I fought back immediately, hitting the men in the chest and tripping him on the ground. I do have a few moves. The men cried in pain and ran away with his partner. The old woman thanked me, saying that I was amazing.

After I went back home, I headed to my room immediately, still wondering about that knife not able to penetrate through my skin. I felt special suddenly but also weirded out. Mum came into my room, saw the weird look on my face and asked what I'm thinking about.

"Nothing!" I responded without hesitation. Not wanting mum to know about the robbery incident nor the Ice Factory Incident. However mum got other ideas in mind, "Have you been hanging out with Ben?"

It seemed a simple normal question a parent would ask, however, I felt nervous for some reason. "Yess... Mum... err.. a little bit.. err... maybe more than a little bit." I also felt my face going red. "Ben is a nice guy don't worry," I added.

Mum gave me a smile and left the room. At that moment I was still thinking about how everything happened and whether or not I should tell Ben about the Robbery Incident.

I thought, what if I also got superpowers like Ben and Gwen (Ella didn't know Kevin has powers yet), that would be so cool, I could kick alien butt with them all the time!

Narrator

Ella rested on her bed, wondering about superpowers, and slowly drifted off to sleep because of all the tiring events today. (She forgot to take a bath)

Meanwhile Ben and Rook were walking around a game store, Ben was more energetic as ever.

"I don't get why you humans like to look at screens so much. Don't you already have a phone, why do you need so many of them, some of them even have extra sticks and buttons." Rook asked.

"You won't understand, this is where we humans are more intelligent then aliens out there, maybe even the Galvins, nobody knows how to have fun!" Ben thought his reply was so smart.

"Well you are right, I still have a lot to learn about humans. I got another question, is Ella your girlfriend?" Rook asked with a serious face.

Ben's face turned red, "When are you into human romance..." Ben was interrupted by Rook continuing his questions, "If that's true, then Kevin must be your boyfriend!"

Oh... Ben was relieved, he understands it now... Ben pretended to be disappointed. Sigh! "Rook, that's not how it works..."

To be continued...