Chapter Fifty Six Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Ang'gah," asked Kaelen. "Can you tell us what ang'gah means?"

Kevin ran his hair through his black hair as he looked around the room. "We were lonely," whispered Kevin. "They'd lost their families eons ago and wanted them back." Kevin sat down heavily and shook his head, "and I wanted Damon and Tyrese back. I was-."

"So," asked Acadia. "What did you do?"

Kevin sighed and shook his head, "I did what I had to do."

Kaelen lips pressed together as he looked around the room, "You made clones of yourself and your friends?"

"No," laughed Kevin humorlessly. "I engineered relatives. I made them a family. I spliced their genetic makeup with several willing einge. Because of the curse the woman were only able to have one child and the man only children with other einge. Everything was going well so I decided to create a Lawson line." Kevin looked at Acadia with a shadow of a smile, "I was going to leave after Acadia was born but she was so precious so I stayed." Kevin rested his hands on his head, "I wasn't supposed to stay for so long." Kevin twisted his lips, "But soon the bloody wars started -."

"Those were started because you killed a woman -," began Pharris with a confused expression.

Kevin glared at Pharris, "That was just an excuse used to cover the real reason behind the war. My parents and I -."

"Oh my goddess," whispered Acadia. "Your parents must be beyond ancient." Acadia's forehead wrinkled, "Wait! Are they really your parents or are they just some poor people that to made think they were your parents."

Kevin waved away her comment and chuckled, "As insane as they are, they are most definitely my real parents and I'll make sure I tell them what you thought the next I see them."

"That's not necessary," replied Acadia while she waved her hands in front of her.

Kevin clicked his tongue while he looked around the table, "I've just realized something. This whole conversation was unnecessary." Kevin stood up and smirked, "I shouldn't have to explain myself to any of you. This doesn't actually help but only cause you to question everything."

"Kevin," whispered Acadia as she rose too. "Did you plan to leave us in the dark forever?"

"Of course not," sighed Kevin. He tilted his head to the side and smiled at Acadia. "But I would rather have told you at my leisure."

"Your leisure," repeated Lucas as he stared at Kevin.

"Yes," Kevin's eyes turned deep red as he stared at them. "So I want you all to forget."

"Wait," exclaimed Acadia. "Where are the two men in the image? Where is the planet where you took a picture with them on...what are those?" Acadia's face scrunched up as she stared at the picture. "Floating islands?"

Kevin turned to stare blankly at Malcolm, "I'll answer both those questions. The answer to the second is simple..." Kevin waved at the picture. "If I tell you you'd never believe me." Kevin wagged his finger at Pharris as he opened his mouth, "I'm telling you. You wouldn't believe me and I need them two to prove it."

Kevin gave Acadia a smile that could melt ice, "And to the first question. While I was away from Ashton someone at this table threw a temper tantrum and made a whole planet uninhabitable." Kevin eyes narrowed on Malcolm, "Yes even to me before you ask."

Malcolm raised his hands and smirked, "If I remember correctly years of investigation showed it was an asteroid that changed course at the last minute and hit the planet leaving it with no atmosphere."

"I'm sure," drawled Kevin. Kevin raised a hand and the images on the screen changed to show a small blue planet with one silver land mass, "Ashton was a beautiful planet with an abundance of natural resources. A lot of humans and einge decided to settle on it because of the tropical and welcoming environment."