Chapter 8

"Father." I called

He smiled and turned towards me.

He gave me a small, blue box with ribboned in black. I stared at him confusingly, then I realised it was my birthday. In my previous life, my adoptive parents long forgotten about this, yet never neglected Lorela's. I was grateful, but the feeling of bitterness returned to me.

"Thank you" I reached out my hand to take the present. 

"Get changed, you have a birthday ball this evening at 5."

I was surprised since I never knew about it.

I went to my room and slowly unboxed the present. What I found inside was shocking. It was a locket, with a silver gem on top. The gem shimmered like the moon, and I slowly opened the locket. Inside, was a photo of a person.

I couldn't tell the gender of the person, but s/he looked so similar to me. 

"Mother."

I instantly called out, and teardrops slowly fell from my face. She seemed so familiar, as if I was waiting for the moment to meet her again. 

She was like an older version of me, and had pure, white, silverly hair like mine, and shiny gold eyes. Is she the reason why I was so jealous of Lorela's golden hair lol? I didn't know why, but I instantly remembered the gold, bright eyes of Professor Lancelot. I frowned. Was golden eyes so nice?

"Your Highness, Princess Solaris."  My maid called out.

I was startled for a moment.

"Oh, let's begin the preparations. I guess i'll wear the deep blue dress with black embroidery today. Also, curl my hair and tie my hair up partially with braids with violet-blue flowers."

"Princess! You look fabulous."

I smiled.

I also wore a blue sandal with a silver anklet on my right foot.

I slowly entered the ballroom.

"Princess Soliel El Noctis is entering!" The man called out.

It was as expected for me to arrive last. I could hear people gasping the moment they saw me. I guess i'm pretty in this life huh? I laughed in my head joyfully. I felt the freedom of not being tied down by Lorela for once.

I stood at the balcony staring outside. I shouldn't have expected much after all. The family of dukes know i'm powerless, and would only propose marriage for power. But really, after father goes into eternal rest and I succeed, raising a Coup d'état would be much easier. The lower ranked nobles are too afraid to get close. *sigh*

A voice unexpectedly rang through the hall "What are you sighing for? My dear princess."

I was slightly scared for a split second. 

"Pro- Lancelot Umi."

"Since Your Highness is bored, would you mind taking a dance with me?"

"Oh, sure, it'll be my pleasure."

He handed me a drink and I drank it, then we proceeded to dancing.

"Its a nice night today, isn't it?"

"Yes."

".a..a..good...igh...sola.is."

At this point my consciousness started to fade away, I felt very drowsy and weak. I immediately realised what it was from my past life of grief and torture.

"Y-y-you.. what d-did you put in there?"

He smiled at me. It was a type of rather creepy and sadistic smile.

My mind went blank and my surroundings turned black.