Chapter 43: Cancer

Börja om från början

"Hardly a reason to risk your lives. Though, I suppose you fared well, handling Meraxes of all demons," Grigori gave a small nod to the frozen dragon.

"The key is important," Gemini hastily explained. "We don't know why the hell he wants it - I'm pretty sure he did as some sort of stupid prank, but we had to come anyways because we need information that only he can provide. I guess we could try to find ourselves but it would take more time than we need, so we would all really appreciate it if you don't kill us and let us hand the key back to him," Gemini spoke way too quickly and too all over the place. Cancer feared the demon would destroy him for being an annoyance, but he looked like he was thinking about something.

"What's the information you require that is so great that you would come to my realm?" He asked, losing some of his intimdating power. He seemed much more surprised - after all why would a bunch of demonhunters who didn't look experienced at all wander into his realm?

"It's - " Libra began, but went quiet. Cancer knew answering that question could lead to suicide - the information they wanted would be used to kill one of its kin. No way would he let them walk after hearing that.

"Hmm, pitiful," Grigori scoffed. "You're planning to kill another demon," he guessed correctly. "I do not care."

Cancer was slightly relieved, as were the others. She was still worried for her life, but one hurdle was down...

"There's something wrong about all of you," Grigori narrowed his eyes at them. "I do not know what and it is troubling me..."

Cancer saw that his shadow began to elongat rapidly and before she could react, it had split apart and merged with all of their shadows. Without wanting to or even thinking about it, she knelt on one knee before him. What the hell is happening to me!? She thought, terrified, as her body moved on it's own.

She was able to move her head slightly and saw the others were also on their knees, and some of them were trying to break free, but to no avail. Leo had the most success and even was able to puff his chest out and spit in the direction of Grigori.

"You ain't shit," he glared at the demon, slowly raising his arm and Cancer noticed Grigori's right leg twitch. After it had, Leo suddenly looked exhausted and fell down into the kneeling position.

As some of the Zodiacs looked confused, Cancer realised what had just transpired - Leo had the power to manipulate the shadows, so Grigori's magic had less of an effect on him. Trying to use his own shadow magic against him was too much for Leo, hence why he was exhausted.

Grigori looked outraged and let out a terrifying obsidian coloured aura around him, cracking the ground from his sheer presence. "You bastard," he spoke furiously, his eyes laced with venom and narrowed at Leo. He still spoke somewhat calmly, but Cancer heard the sheer hate coming from his voice... but also a bit of grudging respect.

Grigori raised his left arm sent out a wave of energy at Leo, who was thrown a few yards backwards. The wave looked like it was just purple air pushing him back, but Cancer could make out long, thin scars appearing on his arms as he had tried to defend himself.

As Leo was sent flying, Taurus also slightly stood up. He formed a small meteor and hurled it at Grigori, who allowed the attack to hit him square in the face. There wasn't so much of a speck, and Taurus also fell back down on his knee, now clearly looking angry for probably the very first time.

Aries caused his energy avatar to materialise and tried attacking with his fire sword, but Grigori blocked it with one hand. "Weak," he commentated, punching the air in front of him and causing the avatar to disappear.