19|Apologize Properly

Raking a hand through my hair, I stare down at the small stick in my other hand as I sit on the toilet.

This just couldn't be possible.

We'd only had sex once. Protected.

I get that anything can happen, but hadn't I had enough shit to deal with beforehand?

Why must the bad luck kick in now?

I'd been home back in Florida for almost three weeks and Talon and I had planned for me to move out to New York with him when my team came to help me with the gyms renovations and the parlors new exotic look.

We had sex the night of Lane and Derek's dogs wedding after having too many drinks. Shit way to lose your virginity, I know. But it was still amazing.

I shakily sit the test down on the sink beside me and the other five positive tests.

I moved in three days.

Should I wait until then to tell him or now or get it confirmed by a doctor just to make sure I didn't buy a ton of shitty tests?

"Um, Rose, you okay in there?" English knocked lightly on the bathroom door.

"Yeah. Just sick to my stomach." I told her hurriedly.

"Maybe you should make an appointment, Rose. You've been sick since we got home."

"Yeah, yeah, I will later. Just give me a bit!" I holler back and she mumbles an "okay" before walking off.

The past week she's been helping me pack and that's when the throwing up really got started. It was ridiculous and the more English stuck around at my house, the more suspicious she got with the sickness.

"Fuck!" I whisper harshly just as my phone goes off, flashing Maddox's name.

"What the fuck?" He snaps as soon as I answer.

"I don't fucking know! Maybe I just bought a shitty tests!" I whine out and can hear him pacing around his house.

"Oh! Yeah! Totally! You just happened to buy six shitty ass tests in a row!" He let out with so much sarcasm it had me cringing.

"Did you even have sex protected? For a woman that was a twenty five year old virgin, you sure as hell don't seem to know the saying 'sex makes babies' and 'don't be silly wrap your willy'."

"Maddy! You are not helping my situation!" I snap back and he snorts.

"Of course I'm not! I'm in fucking New York where your tattooed hot shot lives, trying to act like a civil human being as my fiancé rages about how the wedding planner won't get her head out of her ass and understand that fuchsia doesn't look good with teal; only to then get a text from my best friend saying that she's probably pregnant. Probably. There is no probably when you have six fucking pregnancy tests that are all positive! And I can't even be there to help nor can I go beat a motherfucker's ass for knocking up my innocent ass best friend!" He rants.

We're both quiet for a moment before I speak.

"Fuchsia really does not go with teal. Maybe some neutrals. Gray? Maybe even a pink more on the nude side?"

Melissa squeals in the background. "I knew I liked you for a reason! Stupid ass planner is about to get it!"

Maddox groans aloud before a muffled exchange occurs between the two before he turns his attention back to me.

"Rosalind! Don't try to escape the topic! You're fucking pregnant and need to tell Talon before your nosy ass brother finds out and beats the dudes ass to a pulp."