05|Too Much Daddy Kink

"You need to eat something, Little Flower."

Despite the soft scolding, I continue to poke at my pasta with my fork. I wasn't in the mood to eat. I just wanted my bed.

"Rose, why don't you go lay down for a bit? You look exhausted." Chirped in English with a knowing look once I flicked my eyes up to hers.

She knew me too well.

"Okay." I mumble, picking up my dish and setting it by the sink.

As I went to go down the hall, I stop and look back at my two friends who are still sitting at the table in my dining area.

"Thank you guys. A lot. I know I'm a pain, but I promise I'll be okay soon. You shouldn't worry so much about me. Go home. Have sex. Be couple-y and all that good stuff. I plan on leaving tomorrow anyways so I wouldn't stick around." I inform them and English raises an eyebrow while Oliver stiffens.

"Where to?" She questions and I smile a small genuine smile.

"My grandparents beach house in the Bahamas. I need a break and since I quit my job today, I plan on staying for a while. Maybe two weeks or three."

"You what?!" Oliver barks, standing quickly, and I laugh at his alarmed face.

"I quit my job. I'm just so sick of being someone's private assistant. Yeah, it paid well and Mr. Cooper is a great man, but I can't expect myself to stick around forever. I have dreams. I went to college for a reason and due to my background in business and interior designing between my own family and my position with Mr. Cooper, I can start fresh."

English smiles. "You bought the old art gallery beside the pottery shop, didn't you?"

I shrug with a smile of my own. "I thought it was time I brought my own designs into this world."

Squealing, English wraps me into a hug.

"I can't believe you did this! This is amazing!" She lets out excitedly.

I pull away. "That's not the best part."

English looks at me for a moment before finally letting out a small "What?" As realization settled.

"I know that due to your sudden uprooting from New York took its toll on you and that's all my fault, I don't care what you say. I don't want you working at that old bar anymore. Come work for me. We both have the same ideas and we've always worked well together in this category, especially during college."

I give her a sly smile. "What do you say? Partners? We can even name it English Rose Interior like you always wanted?"

Tears in her eyes, she throws herself into my arms. "You fucking bitch! I love you so damn much!"

Smiling, I return her embrace before we both squeal when Oliver wraps his large arms around us and picks us up with booming laughter.

"Oliver, put us down!" English shrieks but a smile still lights up her face when he finally puts us down.

"We should go out for drinks before you leave, to celebrate!" English declares and I instantly nod my head in agreement with Oliver.

"Hell yeah!" English squeals before yanking me towards my bedroom.

It was like this past week was forgotten. And for once since the day Maddox broke the news, I felt normal.

••••••

"Goddamn, Mamì!" English whistles when I walk out of my house.

She had left with Oliver to their house after she threw a random dress at me, leaving me to fend for myself.