09|Bellissima

I watch in amusement as the large, muscular man scarfs down his third stack of blueberry pancakes like their going to hop off his plate and run away; stopping every now and then to chug his glass of water before going back to his food once again.

He was currently on his sixth glass and still had another plate of pancakes awaiting his brutal destruction.

I myself loved food but even I couldn't eat like he did. I'd probably vomit on the spot if I tried.

Catching my amused look mid bite, Talon gives a sheepish grin before popping the fork into his mouth quickly.

"So, I never did ask due to the constant conversation about work and plans on the remodeling of your businesses and sleeping on the plane, but what exactly brought you here?" I ask, taking a bite of hash browns.

Sipping his water, Talon pushes his now third empty plate and drags his forth and last towards himself. "My younger sister, Giselle, is getting married to her high school sweetheart, Daniel here next week."

He made a face when he spoke the name of his sisters fiancé before cutting into his pancakes and going to town on them, though slower this time since we were now in a conversation.

I raise an eyebrow as I take a drink of my sweet tea. "You don't like him?"

Sighing, Talon shrugs and takes a bite of his food. He sits back as he chews, thinking.

"It's not that I don't like him. I mean, he makes my sister happy and that's all an older brother can really ask of a siblings significant other, right?" I nod my head, though I wouldn't know personally, seeing as my older brother was an asshole and I didn't have a younger sibling of my own.

Clearing his throat, he continues. "I guess you could say that Danny Boy and I just don't really see eye to eye. When they marry, Daniel wants to move her back to Australia with him instead of coming to New York and living here. I personally think it's absurd. The dude doesn't even have family there, whereas his family and Giselle's are both in New York where we grew up. The thing that makes it worse, is that it's not the easiest thing visiting back and forth from New York to Australia or Australia to New York. Our parents aren't fond of the idea either, but Giselle said that if she agrees, then we can't stop her. I can only hope she comes to a decision that involves her staying home and building their family; not moving across the world were her future children aren't going to know shit about their family because of their dumbass father."

I frown, seeing the pain in Talon's eyes at the though of his sister leaving and building a life across the world away from him.

I reach across the table and grasp his hand lightly. "I'm sure she'll make the right decision." I tell him and he smiles sadly.

We carry on with eating before he calls the waitress over for the check. I can't help but throw him a glare when he hands her his credit card quickly before I can hand her my own.

"I can pay for my own." I scold and he snorts, waving me off.

"I'm have no doubt that you can, Bellissimo. However, I'm still paying. It's only fair since you gave me the pleasure of you joining me."

A shiver runs down my spine at the Italian endearment that rolls off his tongue like melted chocolate.

"That's hardly fair." I scoff despite the effect he has on me.

A pearly smile is my response. "Just go with the flow, Bellissima."

"I didn't know you spoke Italian." I state dumbly, causing him to smirk and lean across the table in order to tuck a strand of golden hair behind my ear.

"You don't know a lot about me, Rose, and vice versa. But I can't wait until we get to know one another fully because as far as I can see, you are simply amazing in every way."

A dark blush forms on my cheeks and I clear my throat, leaning back and looking down at my hands in my lap.

"Here you go, Dears. It was so nice to see young, genuine love again. Please, come again." The waitress smiled, handing Talon the recite and his card as her eyes crinkled before she scurried off.

My cheeks couldn't be darker.

"Let's go, Bellissima. I'd like to take you somewhere." Talon smiles, holding his hand out to me as he stands and I hesitantly take it, allowing him to pull me out of the small restaurant and towards his Jeep.

"Where are we going?" I ask curiously once we hop in.

"Seat belt." He says sternly, putting on his own. I roll my eyes slightly, but do as he says before raising an eyebrow his way when he backs out of the parking lot.

"Talon," I whine slightly when he continues to not answer my question.

"Patience, Bellissima. You'll see soon." He responds, amused laughter in his husky voice that I couldn't get enough of.

Huffing, I cross my arms after placing my sunglasses over my eyes.

When we had left the beach and to our beach houses after the whole fiasco this morning between Talon and I, it was around six thirty in the morning; so the sky was a light gray with hues of orange, yellow, and dark midnight purple. Now it was almost ten and the sun was brighter than ever in the ribbons of blues high above our heads.

My legs were already turning a darker honey color than before, which didn't surprise me due to my ability to tan quickly. It was something English grew up envying me for and was practically the only thing she did envy, whereas I envied her for plenty. My golden locks rolled down my back in delicate spirals, much like my mother's despite my annoyance, and ended at my waist. The gold stuck out against the olive green of my flowy v-neck tank that almost completely covered my dark, ripped denim shorts. Looking down at my tanned feet, I wiggle my toes, instantly wishing my feet weren't so small and that I had painted my nails last night like I had planned. Glancing into the mirror on my side of the Jeep, I connect eyes with myself; frowning at the long, dark lashes that flutter over my semi sharp cheekbones, both something I had inherited from my mother. However the jade of my eyes that I always found intriguing and shameful in every way, were something only I had been given from my father. If you knew my mother, it was plain and simple that I was her daughter by looks, just not personality. I had every curve, every sharp feature, every perfect curl of golden hair. I was busty, short, and athletically slim. Just like her.

The only thing that was my own were the two dimples that graced my face when I gave a smile. And that was only because my parents never smiled, so I could never tell just who exactly I got my smile from.

"You're stunning."

Talon's words broke me from my internal fight with my body that reminded me so much of the people I wish I could hate, but could never bring myself to.

I smile to myself, before looking at him with shining eyes. "Likewise, Mr. Bales."

He smirks, lifting his chin up cockily. "I know."

I roll my eyes teasingly.

"Always the modest one, aren't we?"

He winks my way.

"You know it, Bellissima."