18|Dog Wedding

One Month Later

"I can't believe we left our last day at the beach so early just to come to this blasted wedding." English grumbled to me under her breath.

I roll my eyes in response as I listen to the preacher drone on whilst fanning myself with a piece of paper.

"This has got to be the most boring wedding ever." Talon agreed with my best friend, causing me to shoot him a sly glare.

We were in this situation thanks to him so I didn't know why he was bitching.

"I mean, since when does someone have a dog wedding?" English went on in a harsh whisper.

"English, quiet." Oliver huffed, never taking his eyes off of the scene before us.

He had arrived to the Bahamas only a week ago and was already being pulled into stupid ass things. Him being a bit pissy was an understatement.

The golden retriever in the tux and the greyhound in the white tutu stared at one another as the pastor continued on with his speech before asking if they took one another as their respectful mates. A single bark was the response before a new collar replaced their old ones and they licked one another.

I could practically hear Oliver sigh in relief when everyone cheered and millions of dogs howled in excitement.

Yeah.

Ridiculous, I know.

"You're best friend is insane." English told Talon causing him to nod in agreement.

Yes. This dog wedding was all Lane Cullen.

Someone who I had only met today for a total of twenty minutes but already knew would be the most chaotic addition to the tiny group Talon and I were mending together.

"Tally!" A squeal pierced the air as a small body threw itself onto my boyfriend as everyone filed out and into the dining hall.

Talon chuckled, clutching onto the smaller person. "Lane! How's it going little dude?"

Lane Cullen. The Greek slash Puerto Rican that I had heard so much about, really did not disappoint.

His hair was dyed a rose gold that stuck out against his tan skin and his eyes sparkled with so much mischief that it alarmed me.

Placing a dramatic hand on his hip, he pouts up at Talon. "I am not little, Talon."

"Whatever you say little man."

Lane puffs out his chest, still not noticing our group or the pale skinned man with electric eyes and dark hair walking up beside him.

"Wanna fight, bitch?"

"You can fight?" Talon mused.

Dark eyes glare up at him. "Excuse me, hoe! I will punch your face in-"

"Can you reach it?"

That's when a warrior cry leaves the mans mouth and he's once again leaping onto Talon, knocking him to the ground as he punches his chest rapidly.

A deep laugh makes English, Oliver, and I look over.

"Sorry about him. He's not the most aware human around and even when he is, he tends to be slightly different." The dark haired man spoke before sticking his hand out to me.

His electric eyes sparkled. "The name is Derek Cullen, feel free to call me Derek. You must be Ms. Rose Lovelace. Talon has spoken rather highly of you over the past two months."

I slowly take his hand and shake it whilst smiling hesitantly. "Nice to meet you, Derek. These are my friends Oliver and English."

Oliver gives a short nod and English waves quickly whilst blushing, causing her boyfriend to nudge her with his elbow harshly. English looks over at him quickly and glares as she rubs her arm.

"It's the long lost Lovelace!"

I gasp when I'm suddenly spun around quickly.

"Wanna run now?" Talon smirks when Lane puts me down and steadies me with a giddy grin.

Throwing him a small look, I smile at Lane.

"It's so nice to meet you, Lane. I've heard a lot."

Lane smirks at Talon and takes a hand through his hand dramatically. "And you said I was too dramatic to talk about."

"You still are, but she's important. She also didn't say it was all good things." Talon shot back instantly and he wraps an arm around my waist.

Lane glowers at him and goes to claw out his eyes before being pulled into Derek's firm grasp.

He smiles at are group.

"Shall we go and sit? Maybe get a glass of wine?" He asked us and everyone nodded, especially Lane who was now jumping in place excitedly.

"Cider for you, Prince." Derek then added, cause Lane to deflate and give his husband a harsh glare.

Honest to god, Derek irked me with how much dominance he oozes. I didn't know how Lane had the guts to even glare at the man.

"Why the hell-"

"Gorffen y frawddeg honno a'ch bachgen chi yw eich asyn." Derek muttered in Welsh; a language I had grown up around as a child.

I watched them walk towards the dining hall as Lane blushed and bowed his head down as Derek continued speaking in a low voice.

I slowly raised an eyebrow Talon's way and he smiled down at me as he pulled us after them. "Their kinda into that kink shit."

I find myself glancing at Oliver and English who are chatting with one another quietly, completely in their own little world as they walked beside us at a steady pace.

"Like a Daddy kink? Cause I know a couple that could relate." I hummed and he chuckled but shook his head.

"Not really. Yeah they do the daddy kink but Lane would be considered a "little". He goes into a headspace that regresses him to a younger  mindset. He ages from two to four. So rules are required in their relationship in order for Lane to know his boundaries. If he's good, he's rewarded. If he's bad, he's punished. Derek doesn't like when he drinks due to how fast it puts him into "little space" and Lane doesn't necessarily want his family to be aware of his lifestyle due to possible judgement and rejection." He tells me and I nod at his words.

"Yeah. I can see that, I suppose." I smile, thinking of how childlike he was when he saw Talon and how he retaliated to the little man jabs that seemed to amuse the hell out of Talon.

"Don't tell him I told you. He will on his own in time." He adds and I nod in agreement whilst smiling up at him.

"You have my word."