06|Seat Neighbors

My head was pounding, dear god.

I fight the urge to groan aloud as I trudge down the plane aisle and towards my seat in first class.

Perks in having grandparents that love you more than their own children.

At least I wouldn't have to deal with screaming kids, snoring elders, and annoying, stuck up pedestrians.

Placing my backpack at my feet, I sit down in the soft white leather of my seat, beside the window, and slouch down. This was amazing.

"Maybe this ride won't be so bad after all." A silky voice makes my eyes snap open and I they stare into the most stormy eyes I've ever seen.

Fuck the headache, I had eye candy.

"Looks like we're seat neighbors." The man grins, showing pearly teeth and deep dimples.

The only other man I knew that had dimples was Mad- No! Stop it, Rose!

I give a small smile in response when he plops down in the seat beside me and sighs, raking a hand through his already disheveled auburn hair.

A large, tan hand thrusts out towards me and I can't help my growing grin when I take it in my own small one and shake it.

"The name's Talon Bales, and you are?" He asks, taking back his hand, and I feel shivers crawl down my spine at his name.

That was sexy as hell.

"Rosalind Lovelace, but you can call me Rose. Everyone does." I respond and he chuckles.

"It's nice to meet such a beautiful woman as yourself, Rose." He winks and a blush finds its way into my cheeks.

"It's nice to meet you too." I smile and he leans forward to take off his dark gray hoodie, causing his shirt to ride up his chest at the tug, showing off tan, washboard abs.

Oh god.

Sighing in relief, he throws the hoodie over the back of his seat and pulls down his black tee.

That's when I notice the tattoo sleeves. Dear god have mercy on my ovaries. This man was absolutely sinful.

"So, Ms. Lovelace, what brings you to the Bahamas?" He asks and I look down at my folded hands.

"I just needed a getaway so my grandparents offered to let me stay in their beach house for the next month or two before I start the plans for my business."

Talon raises an eyebrow. "Business?"

"Yes, I'm starting my dream as an interior designer with my best friend and partner." I smile dreamily.

Smiling, he turns to me.

"Interior, eh? Impressive and oddly perfect."

It's then my turn to raise a brow.

Seeing my look, he chuckles. "I'm actually the owner of a boxing gym in New York and the co-owner of a tattoo parlor. I've been looking everywhere for a interior designer I can actually work with. The parlor needs a more modern look, but with a bit of exotic-ness here and there. As for the gym, it needs a whole new look. It's been the same since I opened it around six years ago and it's time for an upgrade."

I beam at his words. "Seriously?" I exclaim and he nods, but before he can speak a flight attendant walks up.

"Hello, just wanted to let you know we'll be lifting off soon, can I get you two anything?" She beams and I'm almost scared she'll rip her poor cheeks.

"Um, water." I spit out the first thing that comes to my mind.

Talon nods in agreement before pointing at me. "I'll have what she's having." He confirms and she winks at him before lightly touching his forearm.

"Of course." She purrs before walking away as I scrunch up my nose.

"Do people have no dignity?" I mutter to myself, causing Talon to chuckle as I buckle up.

"No. No they don't." He clears his throat before fully turning back to me after buckling his own self in.

"So as I was going to say before we were so rudely interrupted, do you happen to have any designs on you? Anything at all?"

Smiling sheepishly, I take my laptop out of my bag and turn it on. Once it's hooked to my hotspot, I click open a private file.

"When I graduated from college, my best friend's boyfriend, he's the CEO for some big travel agency, had me design his office both at home and the one at his office in, well, New York. That's where they lived before they moved closer to me in Florida." I explain, showing him the lay outs for the office and all of the patterns Oliver had chosen, not to mention the endless before and after photos.

"Holy shit, Rose, this is amazing. You're amazing!" He declares and I flush at his words.

"Thank you." I say shyly.

"I'd love to do business with you. It would literally make my whole year."

My eyes widen a fraction at his words and I slam shut the computer. "Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack." He smiles and I can't help but feel excitement fill my veins. "What do you say? Care to let me be your first client?"

"This is amazing! Oh my god! Yes! A million times yes!" I squeal, hugging him quickly before sitting back in my seat, fighting the urge to fist pump the air.

He looks at me with wide eyes, but a smile tugs at his lips. "If I knew I'd be getting a hug from you, I would've asked as soon as you told me you were a interior designer." He states and my cheeks heat up for the millionth time.

"Here's your waters."

We both look over to see the flight attendant once again, but this time she's looking away from our eyes and seems to be ready to leave at anytime now.

"Thank you!" I beam when Talon grabs the waters and hands one to me.

"Welcome." She mutters, scurrying off, causing me to look at Talon in confusion.

Talon laughs. "She saw the hug. It's no lie the girl was trying to get in my pants and now that you've hugged me, she thinks we're together."

I shrug and open my water before taking a swig and putting the cap back on.

"All passengers, please put on your seatbelts, we'll be taking off in one minute. Thank you."

At the words, I sit back and smile at Talon as he pulls out a small card and hands it to me.

"There's my card if you need to call. Those are my business numbers, but if you don't mind, I can put my personal in your phone?" He smirks and I hand him my phone without hesitation after I unlock the screen and click on the contacts.

I watch as he quickly types his number in before handing it back to me with a smile. I laugh when I see what name he put his number under.

Seat Neighbor❤️👅

I type a quick "hi" and hit send before seeing his face light up when he sees the unknown number and adds it to his contact under the same name he gave himself, but with a rose beside the name instead of a tongue.

"Looks like it's official, Ms. Lovelace." He tells me and I look over at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What's official, Mr. Bales?" I ask and he leans his head back with a small smile etched on his face as he closes his eyes.

"You're stuck with me for eternity."

Giggling, I lay back myself and close my eyes just as the plane begins to move.

I could live with that.