15|He's A Keeper

"I can't believe you! You don't call me for almost a week and a half and when you do you're practically hitched?"

I roll my eyes as I walk through the beach house in nothing but my silky baby pink pajama pants and a white cami, glancing out the large windows surrounding the bottom floor. It was like living in the Cullen house. But on a beach.

I loved it.

Sighing, I lean against the islands granite counter and gaze out towards the view of the blue ocean before blinking and looking away from it when I think of the blazing blues of my best friend, similar to the color of the ocean most likely begging to burn me alive.

"I'm not hitched, E. I'm just someone's girlfriend." I can't help the smile that creeps up on my lips at the word.

No response.

"I'm sorry, English. I've just been so caught up." I say in a softer tone.

She sighs.

"I know. And it's not your fault. You're just in love with a hunk while I'm here in Florida missing my own. You know how his business trips make me." She says in a down tone.

My heart aches for her and suddenly, peeking up, I get an idea.

"Why don't I fly you out here?!"

It goes quiet for a moment.

"To the Bahamas?" English lets out slowly. Unsurely.

"Yes! I miss you a ton! And Oliver will be gone the rest of the month! Why not stay with me until he gets back? Plus, if you don't want to leave when he gets back home, he could always come here for the remainder of my time at the house?" I smile giddily. "There's a guest house outback by the pool, you two can stay there if you'd like? That way I don't walk in on anything in particular."

"How soon?"

The smile on my face was almost cheek splitting.

•••••••

"Bellissima, please calm down." Talon spoke in a patient, soothing voice as I jumped up and down in the passenger seat of his Jeep the next morning as we waited for my best friend in the whole fucking universe to walk through those exit doors.

"I just can't!" I groan, throwing my head back impatiently and looking at him upside down.

He smiled before leaning forward and pressing a small kiss to my pouted lips. "Mio Bellissima Angioletto, sarà qui presto." He chuckles and a shiver runs down my spine.

"Are you trying to get jumped?"

I bolt up quickly, beaming when I see the grinning wild haired brunette standing outside of my window.

"English!" I squeal, hanging halfway out of the window to throw my arms around her neck and hug her.

She giggles, squeezing me back before we pull away. She turns her attention back to Talon.

"If my boyfriend talked to me like that I'd jump his ass. I know my little Rosie is a bit more tame than I am, but you keep on and she'll be a virgin no more."

I blush furiously and smack her arm, laughing nervously at Talon.

He raises an eyebrow at me before glancing to English.

"I see." Turning on his charming grin, her gives a wave. "I'm Talon Bales."

English wiggles her eyebrows, before opening the backseat and sliding in. "Trust me. I know. She never shuts up about you."

She thrusts a hand out in between Talon and I.

"English Sommer. Territorial and fiery brunette best friend of the blonde your equally head over heels for. Keep her happy, I'll love you forever. Break her heart and I'll break your neck with bare hands and bust your balls with my favorite gold stilettos." She gave a wide grin and he took her hand, shaking it firmly.

He didn't look worried at all. He hadn't even paled. Only smiled brighter.

"Of course. I won't stop you, Darling. If you don't mind- though I know it will never happen, me breaking her heart- please go ahead and drown me in tar. It's only fair."

English gave me a slow, evil grin before pointing at the smirking man beside me. "He's a keeper."

I smile in response, intertwining mine and Talon's fingers together as we connect eyes. "Don't I know it."

He winked in response before reaching over me to buckle me back up.

Sitting back, he gave English another charming smile. "Please buckle. If you don't it'll worry me beyond repair."

As he started the car, English wiggled her eyebrows at me and buckled up in the middle of the backseat. "Safe and sexy. Glad to know we're attracted to similar types of men."

I snort, rolling my eyes.

We begin our journey back home when English gasps loudly, reaching out to touch a strand of my curled hair.

"You cut your hair! Holy shit! It looks amazing on you!" She exclaimed and I laugh alongside Talon who lights strokes my knuckles with his thumb.

"If you think that's a shocker, just wait until we go to the tattoo parlor Talon owns back in New York. I plan on getting a tattoo while we take measurements and begin planning the designs for everything at the two different locations. Though I'll be there longer than you, I think it's only fair for you to be there for such a permanent moment."

Both Talon and English give me wide eyed stares.

"You? Get a tattoo?" She scoffs, as if she didn't believe it. Which I didn't exactly blame her for. That was more so her type of thing to get done than mine.

I smile in response. "Yeah. I feel like it's time for a change in my appearance. Not to drastic, but noticeable. It'll be a symbol for my new outlook on life. This vacation has been the best thing for me; mentally and physically."

Suddenly, I'm being hugged from around the head of my seat and English is squealing in my ear. "I'm so proud of you, Rosie!"

I hold onto her arm with my free hand as Talon squeezes my other.

I glance over at him.

"There is a catch." I stare and he looks over at me quickly with a raised eyebrow before looking back at the road.

"And that is?" He asked slowly.

"I want you to be the one giving me the tattoo."

Talon chuckled lightly before raising our hands up to his mouth and kissing the top of my hand, causing me to blush fiercely as English shifted excitedly in her seat and let go of me.

"I suppose that could be arranged."