Chapter Thirty-Eight: ... Hope

~ Bakugo's Point of View ~

       It's been a week. Seven days. We have no idea where Y/N is and there hasn't been any contact from the Americans or the league. Classes have resumed with a dark cloud hanging over all the students at UA. We've somehow managed to keep it out of the news, even with all the hero agencies looking for her.

       Mr. Aizawa is more tired than usual. The bags under his eyes indicate that he hasn't slept more than an hour or two a night. Present Mic has been around our dormitory more. Each class has to be escorted by two teachers to and from the dormitories.

The atmosphere all around campus has been heavy.

"Hey," Kirishima's voice carries over my shoulder. He sets a plastic wrapped sandwich and a bottle of apple juice on the bench as he takes a seat in the grass. "You need to eat. Y/N wouldn't want you to go on a hunger strike. She'd be pretty bummed to come back to see you as nothing more than skin and bones. You know, she definitely likes you cause of you're explosive personality and muscles."

My hand curls into a fist and slams into the cellophane, the soft bread cushions the blow. As quickly as the anger rushed through me, it dissipates. "Will you just shut up?"

I'm so tired of peoples empty words trying to comfort me. I suppose this must be how Y/N felt after her parents passed away. I finally understand why she never wanted to talk about it, not like I pushed her to open up about it anyway.

"I wish you people would just leave me alone," I whisper, pushing myself away from the concrete bench. "It's not like your words will change anything."

       "Bakugo," Kirishima sounds like he wants to say more but he doesn't. He doesn't even try to follow after me like he used to.

In some secluded corner of the campus, I finally feel alone. My knees fall to the soft grass and my head falls back as I scream at the sky.

       I want to see Y/N again.

       I want to hold her.

       I want to kiss her.

       I want to know that she's safe.

~ Reader's Point of View ~

I haven't seen the sun in a week. At least, I think it's been a week. I can't tell anymore. I've been asleep involuntarily more often than I've been awake since I got here. I think they're drugging my food. I try my best to refuse to eat but the hunger pains always win. All they serve me is miso soup, a small portion of rice and little bit of fish.

"Oh look, she's awake," Maya sing-songs. "Are you hungry, Princess?" She throws her head back and cackles. "I wish you would just starve already. God, I hate you." Her foot jets out and kicks me in the stomach.

       I hold back my screams. This is our daily routine. With the amount of weight I seem to have already lost, it won't be long before one of her kicks breaks my rib. I'm just thankful she's not using her power-up Quirk. There was a time back in combat training in Rodeo that I took one her Quirk powered kicks to my knee cap. If it weren't for our version of Recovery Girl, I wouldn't have walked for at least three months.

       "Hey, Dabi!" She yells through the open doorway. "The bitch is awake, it's your turn to make her food." She walks over to the other door, throwing it open while putting her head phones on. "I'm going out. Just looking at her makes me feel homicidal."

       I tried asking her a few days ago why she hated me so much. We weren't close back in school but we didn't not get along. We would say hi in passing and occasionally chat during training sessions. She would even come to group study sessions at my house on occasion. Her only reply to my question was a kick to the ribs and a dramatic exit.

       "Did you have a nice rest, Princess?" Dabi, the man with the patchwork skin smiles as he sits across from me. His hand comes up and caresses my cheek. "The bruises on your face are fading."

       I do my best to coil back from his touch but I'm stopped by the cold brick wall behind me.

      He presses his hand more firmly to my face. An uncomfortable smile dances at his lips. "You feel warm. You really should rest more. The boss did say he wants us to keep you alive, so don't even think about dying." He drops his hand down to my chin and squeezes my cheeks between his thumb and fingers, pulling me forward so our faces are only centimeters apart. "Trust me, you won't want to miss the grand finale and the fall of all of hero society."

       He roughly throws my head back, standing up the process. He disappears through the doorway, only to return a few moments later with a tray. "Now be a good girl, eat your food and get some rest."

       Once he leaves, I lean back against the wall. I take to examine my ever worsening wounds. The cuffs around my wrists and ankles have rubbed my skin raw. I can feel the metal around my neck digging into my collarbone. If I don't die from starvation then I'll definitely die from an infection.

       Finally, I bring myself to look at the tray and I see something new.

       A bottle of apple juice.

       My eyes water without my permission as I think back to Katsuki and how he always had a bottle of juice at meal times. It's the silliest thing. Even though I haven't stopped thinking of him, this one little reminder is the thing that brings me to tears.

       Katsuki... where are you? I need you.

       I'm starting to wonder if they'll ever find me. Or if when they do... will it be too late?

       I'm starting to lose hope...

A/N: For those of you that read my last update, thank you so much for your overwhelming support. For those that didn't, please know that I'm not giving up on this book until it's finished, but updates are (clearly) going to be a bit slower. I recently moved out, started a full time job and am taking online classes full time as well. Things have been a bit rough but nothing I can't handle. For those that want to keep in touch and be part of my discord, here's the link https://discord.gg/vjThJV2   I think it's a nice way to let you guys know what's going on and keep in touch. To those that have joined, I've had lots of fun talking with you all and getting to know you and joking around.

Please know that I am going to try my hardest to update more frequently. I still love all my lovely babes. Please don't hate me!!
xoxo- Sayori Kaede