Chapter Nineteen: Jealous

The bus stops in front of the USJ and we all notice class 1B waiting outside the facility.

Great, even more people are going to see my costume.

       "As you all know, once you all go pro you will be dealing with various situations in which you must work with heroes from other agencies whose abilities  you may or may not be familiar with and you'll have to coordinate on the spot," Uncle Ai stands at the front of the bus with his hands stuffed in his pockets. "Not only are we doing rescue training but we will be putting you in nine groups of four and one group of five with members from 1B. You won't know your groups until it's your turn in order to prevent any preparations. The rest of the classes will be watching and will be required to take notes on what they observe."

       All Might turns around in his seat. "The most important thing to remember is to think of your strengths and weaknesses and how you can contribute to your group, no matter who you're working with."

We disembark from the bus and stand near 1B. Katsuki must notice the way the B-class guys are looking in my direction and stands behind me with his arms draped over my shoulders. I can only imagine the scowl on his face.

Since last week, both 1A and 1B have been intermingling during breaks and lunch. The classes weren't even separating themselves from each other during the lecture earlier today. From my understanding, there was a rather intense rivalry between our two classes that was spurred on by a tactless, yet true speech given by Katsuki at the Sports Festival. It's pretty apparent that the only member of 1B that tolerates Bakugo is Tetsutetsu.

Right inside the doors of the facility awaits the Space Hero Thirteen. "Let's begin."

"The first two from my class are going to be Awase and Monoma," the Blood Hero announces, looking at my uncle impatiently.

"Y/N and Ochaco are the two I've first chosen," he rolls his eyes.

Thirteen claps. "We have guests here today from the Help Us Company that many of you worked with during your licensing exam. Though this is not on the same scale as the rescue portion, you will be graded just as harshly. I'm sure you all understand that stopping villains is part of the hero territory, but being able to safely assess natural disasters and help victims is a bigger aspect of hero work."

Uncle Ai clears his throat. "You four will be heading to the Ruins Zone. Everyone else please make your way to the monitoring room."

The four of us follow Thirteen to our assigned zone where we are split in half. The Space Hero guides Monoma and me to one entrance before taking Ochaco and Awase to another. I notice Monoma touch Uraraka's shoulder before she leaves and it takes me a moment to remember that's how he activates his Quirk.

"I think we got off on the wrong foot," the blue-eyes boy smiles. "I'm not a big fan of 1A. Even though both our classes are part of the hero course, it's always seemed that your class is a step above ours. On top of that 1A seems to draw a lot of unwanted attention from villains. I care about my classmates and we got caught up in the League of Villains' beef with your class during summer training camp. I don't want something to happen to my friends because of your class. Not again."

       "I understand that feeling," more than you know. "If anything ever were to happen to my friends because of me, well, I don't think I could handle it. Just the thought of something happening to them keeps me up at night."

       He softly chuckles. "Thankfully we go to UA and with the new security measures that shouldn't be too much of an issue."

A loud screech halts our conversation.