Chapter Seventeen: Normal

Down in the common area, most of the class is hanging out and doing various activities. Outside I see Midoriya, Iida and Ochaco sitting in the grass with their heads tilted towards the sky. Todoroki and Momo sit near an open window, each with their nose in a book. Mina, Hagakure, Tsu and Jiro are sitting on the couches with magazines, chips and laptops between them.

       Katsuki walks into the kitchen and quickly whips up some eggs, bacon and toast while I stand in front of the coffee maker. Waiting for my cup to fill, I grab a bottle of barley tea from the fridge and a juice for Bakugo. By the time I'm done putting creamer and sugar into my mug, he already has two plates with equal portions in his hands.

       He leans down and gives me a swift peck on my cheek before we walk to one of the tables. The entire time we eat his hand doesn't leave my thigh causing shivers to race up and down my spine.

       "Are you cold?" He has a little piece of bacon hanging out of his mouth.

       "No," I blush. I can't even come up with a good lie at the moment. His touch just excites every nerve ending in my body, especially after the way he had me against the wall not even thirty minutes ago. I subconsciously bite my lip.

       "Hey," he says roughly, bringing his face close to mine. "You're not allowed to do that." He brings his lips to mine and nips at my bottom lip playfully with his teeth. "I can't control myself when you do things like that."

       "I have a feeling that you just can't control yourself in general." I take a quick sip of tea.

       I hear his fork clink to the plate and both his hands come at my sides in a vicious tickle attack. I snort and cover my mouth before I spit tea everywhere. I try my best to fend him off but fail epically. He only stops when I almost tumble off the chair as my only way of escape.

       "That's totally unfair." I can barely catch my breath.

       He smiles victoriously. "I hope that taught you to be careful with your insults."

       "Insult? If anything you just helped me prove my point." This time I'm able to grab his hands before they find their way to my sides.

       His eyebrows furrow together. "You might have a point, but I'm a stubborn ass and won't admit it." He grips my wrist, forcefully pulling me into a kiss. "I also don't see my ways changing anytime soon."

       "I wouldn't dream of it."

       Once we finish eating and cleaning up, we walk over to the entertainment area. Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero and Mineta are watching an anime I'm not familiar with. Katsuki grabs a single bean bag and stops me from grabbing one. He plops his bag down next to Kiri and sits down, pulling me down onto lap and wrapping his arms under my arms. He nuzzles his face into my hair and kisses my head.

       "Every time I see you guys together I can't help but be jealous of how cute you two are," Kaminari gushes. "I'm also jealous that someone like Bakugo gets to have you all to himself."

       "What the hell is that supposed to mean you discount pikachu?!" Katsuki grips the front of my shirt in his fists.

       I place my hands over his and gently massage the back of his hands until he relaxes.

       "Nothing." The yellow-haired boy quickly snaps his attention back to the screen.

       "Y/N," Eijiro says. "Have you seen this show before?"

       I shake my head. I'm to distracted playing with Katsuki's hands to say anything.

       "It's called Kiznaiver and man is it a trip," he laughs showing off his pointy teeth.

       I look up at the screen and see an odd looking chicken mascot. I'm not sure what the show is about, but that image alone piques my interest. I lean my head against Katsuki's chest.

       After two more episodes Kaminari and Sero make the suggestion we walk down the street to the convenience store. I tense up at the thought of leaving the dormitory, but knowing that it's a bigger group of people settles my nerves slightly.

       My uncle gives us the required permission slip to let us leave the campus saying that we have forty-five minutes. I try not to think of how the new security precautions failed yesterday, but it's hard.

       At the door Katsuki whispers in my ear, "Don't forget my promise. Don't forget that today we are normal."

       "I know." Looking at my feet I feel his lips press against my forehead. I look up and to return gesture, but I can't reach his forehead so I settle for his mouth, which still requires a little bit of tiptoe action.

       He ensures that we walk in the middle of the pack all the way to the store and he never lets go of my hand while we browse the aisles. He buys both of us an ice pop and a soda.

       Thankfully the walk there and back was uneventful and I breathe a sigh of relief when we make it back to the dormitory without incident or sight of any thing out of the ordinary. Katsuki looks like he shares my feelings.

       We end up going back to the entertainment room. We finish our treats and Katsuki goes to throw them away and use the restroom.

       "So tell us the truth," Mineta says. "Are you dating Bakugo against your will?" He narrows his eyes and it more than creeps me out.

       "No I'm not," I roll my eyes. "I like him, a lot. He's a bit rough around the edges, but he's genuinely a good guy. He's helped return normality to my life after it crumbled around me. I know it's only been a few days, but he's been my rock through this hellacious transition period."

       "Blink twice if he made you say that," the ball-headed perv whispers.

       "Shut up, Mineta," Sero scolds him, he goes as far as to use his Quirk as if to say if Mineta doesn't stop talking he'll make him. "Sure Bakugo has his flaws, but I think we can all agree Y/N seems happier than the first day we met her and Bakugo is really happy too."

       "And when Bakugo is happy, everyone is happy," Kaminari laughs.

       "Sorry but when did my emotions set the mood for everyone else?" Katsuki growls. He takes his seat and pulls me back into him. "I'll do what I have to make Y/N happy, but the rest of you losers can figure out your emotions on your own."

       Butterflies flutter around my stomach and chest. I tilt my head back and look at him upside down. He gives me a sweet kiss. I can't help but smile like a dork. He truly is the best thing to happen to me.

A/N: 3K!!! You guys are so amazing!! I woke up and saw that first thing this morning I screamed. All the support you guys are giving makes me so happy!! This is my first fanfic and the reception it's getting makes my heart so overjoyed. I can't wait to share with you all what I have in store for future chapters(: You guys are seriously the best!! xoxo Sayori Kaede ♥️

Also here is what I was talking about with Kizanaiver (below)
Also if you haven't seen that show I would highly recommend it. It's definitely one of my favorites and the concepts in it are just so intriguing.