Before Gavin walked out he whispered in my ear saying, “I know you want some time with your mom I’ll be back. This is not your fault.” I nodded my head but deep in my heart I know it’s all my fault. I killed their baby, my sibling. I did this, it’s my fault.

“Jonah,” my mom said with her eyes filled with tears. “Are you okay.” “It’s my fault momma. I ki-“ “No you didn’t. I fell. It’s nobody’s fault. Don’t take on something that has nothing to do with you.” “I was bein-“ “Jonah it’s not your fault.” She padded the side of her bed and I got beside as she held me and we cried. “I’m sorry momma.” “I’m sorry to a baby.” She said as he held me tighter as I seem we both cried harder.  

Feeling a movement I saw my mom go to her stomach and she placed her hand on it she held me tighter while I put my hand on her on her stomach. “We’re going to be okay baby.” She said in a tone I could comprehend. We laid in bed in silence as the heartbreak and despair filled the room along with our silent tears.

A while later Gavin opens the door and came in as the doctor came in just as the door was closing. “Ms. Peterson, we want you to know we did everything we could to save the baby, but the fall was too much of an impact.” Gavin was over at her bed. “However, as I said when you got here you were pregnant. Did you even know you were pregnant?” “No, I didn’t know” He nodded his head in yes motion understanding what my mom said. 

“We were able to get some ultrasound pictures of the baby before you miscarried.” The doctor said as he handed the pictures to my mom. “We took more than we usually do because we on some level knew you miscarrying was a stronger possibility but we did try. Again I am so sorry to all three of you.” He said then walked out the room.

Momma slowly touched the picture as tears spring from her eyes again as Gavin wiped them away. “I’ll be right back.” Kissing my mom’s cheek I slipped out the room. Heading down the hall I found an empty room going inside I broke down and cried. The pain was too much to hold too. Feeling the arms of someone wrapping around me I cried harder as hugged me.

Moments later pulling out of the embrace I saw it was Allen who had me. “You alright.” “It’s my fault.” “How so” “When I got home I was I going to tell my mom that her, that she so-called father watched her get rapped in that house and not only did he allow it he got off on it. HOW THE HELL WAS I SUPPOSE TO TELL HER THAT.” I yelled “Calm down. I can understand that.” “I was disgusted at the things he did and he allowed it to happen and the fact he didn’t care disgusted me more. When I saw my mom I took it out on her because didn’t know how to tell her. I was scared to tell her. I don’t think I was scared I was more angry at him for doing it to my mom and I placed it at the wrong person her and Gavin thinking she would let it go the anger toward William I took it out on my mom. I SWEAR I DIDN’T MEAN TO” I screamed as I cried again.

“Jonah this is not your fault. You need to understand that.” “If not me then who’s fault is it?” “No ones.  Your hurt and what that man did was beyond repulsive I can understand why you couldn’t tell her your anger from someone got the best of you but this is not your fault.” “Jonah.” I turned around to see both of my uncles. “What did William do?” Patrick asked after telling them what happened they were both angry. “I’m calling the police,” Odell said taking out his phone. “Wait before you do I have a better idea,” Allen said.

                             Gavin

Laying in the hospital bed with Simone holding her as we looked at the sonogram pictures. “This is crazy right? I didn’t even know I was pregnant so its no use in crying and being heartbroken about a baby we didn’t know about right.” She said as tears slide down her face. “Sweetheart you don’t have to be so brave.” “I lost our baby Gavin. “I’m so sorry” She laid her head on my chest as she held the sonogram picture to her heart. “It’s not your fault.” “I didn’t know I swe-“ Placing a kiss on her forehead to silence her.   

“Gavin,” She said in a shaky and crackly tone. “ know. I’m going to miss our baby too.” I said as I held her and we cried holding onto the only thing that remained of our baby, a sonogram picture.  

Comment:

Vote:

Share: