Chapter 21: Death of Maxwell

Underline on the phone.

------------------------------------------

The river of death continued to run as the corpses of long since dead reached for the souls of people still around. 

Like the tide, it came in waves on the streets without pulling back. "What is this thing we have awakened!" Maxwell asked. "It is death, death has come to the streets of London." the major exclaimed giddily. The doctor stood there shocked, his mouth agape. "Incredible, I must have one." he said, merrily in his twisted mind. 

"Kill it! Everyone open fire!" a Nazi soldier yelled. "Open fire!" a Vatican officer yelled. The river swallowed everything in its path as Ascora came up behind the Vatican army, raising her tail she swished them all aside as she set ablaze to the army. She flew up into the sky as the wave of dead corpses rained down on them, Nazi and Vatican alike. It overran the enemy armies. Not caring who it devours nor spears. Helicopters were shot down by Dandy Mans cards and Rip Van Winkles bullets. Or they're ghost I should say. 

Maxwell stood a a gap in his safe box in the back of a truck. 'She was right no one can win' he thinks looking at the moonlight scales of Ascora slithering towards the origin of this chaos. 

Flashback 

"So will you come to our aid after all your mother did sign a treaty with us not to attack the Rosenka clan? And after all she does despise him." he asked twirling the cord with his finger. "No." was the woman's blunt reply. "What! Why not? We have a treaty with you and your family. After the first daughter ran off to someplace, you were next to succeed as the next heir to the clan!" slamming his fist onto the table. "I will not fight my older sister. After all, if I were to die fighting against her she would be devastated. She'd kill her self. So I won't fight with you. I'm sorry Enrico but no one can win this fight. The only person who will prevail is Dracula and my sister."  she explained "What are you blabbering about?" he asked looking into the phone. 

"I love you, Enrico. I hope that you come out of this alive."  she said her voice breaking as she hung up. 

End of flashback 

"Our lines are crumbling, Bishop please order a withdrawal. Bishop were being slaughtered, Bishop Maxwell!" a fear filled voice snapped him back to reality. "Stop calling me that, you will address me as arch bishop!" he yelled.  His helicopter fell to the ground as an explosion hit it. The glass tank he was in bounced like a ball not a scratch on it. Getting up with his forehead bleeding, his eyes widened to fear. Outside the glass the river of dead corpses lay at the edges of his small safe heaven island. Shrieking he jumped back, as the corpses bloody claws painted the class red with blood. Gasping he smiled, "Haha, this is armored cobalt reinforced glass, you won't even be able to scratch it." he boasted. His purple spirals, holding madness. As he said this a glint shown off in the distance. 

It went straight through the glass causing cracks to form on it. It nearly hit Maxwell int the head. The disease of cracks spread through the glass, "Anderson you," the glass shattered as he looked upon his caretaker. "We are the servants of God meant to his bidding not our own selfish needs." Anderson stated on top of a pile of rubble. The corpses crawled towards him, as Anderson said goodbye to his friend. 

---------------------------

Can you guess who Maxwell was speaking to on the phone? If you want to guess comment below although it is pretty obvious.