Chapter 85: Winter's Fear and Fearless Moon.

Start from the beginning

For more...many more came after that and not just stalactites.

Unending icicles.

Treacherous spikes.

Crushing ice boulders.

And even...protruding ice pillars.

They came from the floor, the ceiling, the sides, all with one intention and one intention alone, to destroy Erevain.

Thus, before such merciless assault, said target moved around the room as she evaded, parried, destroyed, and blocked it all.

Even doing so while protecting her siblings from the crossfire.

And yet...despite having used all of that, Eternal Winter had not chanted a single spell nor activated any skill.

Furthermore, she had not moved a single step from where she was standing.

The only thing she was doing was flicking her fingers and following Erevain with her eyes.

Nothing more, nothing less.

That is until...

"Freeze...!"

...she said that in a sigh that seethed with intensity.

This time Erevain had her full attention.

This time she would freeze her completely.

This time would be different.

*crack* *crack* *crack*

*CRASH*

"What...?"

And yes...it was indeed different, but in the way she was expecting, for the moment the ice started covering Erevain's body it cracked and broke down, which left Brynn in utter disbelief.

"You...resisted it...alone?"

Indeed...her ice was resisted.

HER ICE.

And that made her heart tremble.

After all, her ice was an ice that could freeze every inferior being with ease.

It was an ice that was difficult to escape from even for those of her kin who shared the same hierarchical position.

It was the same ice that bestowed upon her the title of Eternal Winter.

'Your winter is no longer eternal...'

Yet...the mocking words of the King of Storms resonated within her mind as she tried to process how a mere human was able to resist her ice.

That was what brought her heart over the edge and freed what she had been holding inside it.

Something that was anything but cold.

"NO!"

Anger and denial filled her roaring voice as she clenched her teeth and extended her hand with force.

"Big Brother...!"

So exclaimed Euphemia as saw Erevain being surrounded by floating icicles of varying sizes, which waited for their master's order and she gave it in the form of her closing fist.

"DIE, FALLEN PRINCE!"

Thus, all the icicles descended upon her at a blinding speed but...

"I refuse! [Full-moon Slash]!!"

...she slashed them all down with the same blinding speed before she kicked the ground, cracking the frozen floor, and jumped towards her opponent.