The Verdict Is In

Dempsey and Tatum had just gotten back from the doctor.  Tatum was a month pregnant.  Her due date was the beginning of September.  Tatum was not looking forward to telling her parents that she was in over her head again.  They had been so helpful with Oakley and they loved him, but having two babies at 18 was not what they had seen for her.

Dempsey kissed her head and said, "It is going to be fine, babe.  We make adorable babies.  I'm sure this baby will be just the same.  We will figure it out.  It's all going to be fine.  I'm right here and we are going to tell them together."

"I'm so glad we have you."

"Always and forever."

"Lets get in there and get this over with.  I want to get home to our boy.  I need Oakley cuddles."

Dempsey took her hand as they walked into the house.  

Dempsey and Tatum sat across from her parents.  Tatum said, "We just got back from the doctor.  I'm a month pregnant.  Before you go and give me a long speech, this was not planned.  We were just as surprised as you are, I'm sure.  Though it was unplanned, I do not regret this baby for a second."

Her dad sighed and asked, "What are you going to do with two babies under two?  What about college?"

Tatum told him, "I'm going to take online classes.  I have the job at the bookstore.  Dempsey is going to look for another job that will allow him to be home more.  He'll keep taking classes on campus."

Her mom said, "And we will keep watching Oakley and the baby.  I'm here if you need me.  I just want you to realize that it is not going to be easy.  You thought having one baby was hard, wait until you have two."

"I'm sorry, but I love this baby.  I know we definitely didn't plan for this baby, but they are going to happen for a reason.  I can't wait to see who this baby looks and acts like.  Oakley is dead on Dempsey.  I don't have a chance in the future with that one.  He is a carbon copy.  I hope I get a kid that looks at least a little like me this time."

Dempsey kissed her head and said, "I'm hoping for a princess just like you.  One of each would be perfect."

Tatum's dad said, "I want you to know that I am here for you no matter what.  I do love being a poppy.  I just wasn't expecting two of them so soon."

Dempsey told him, "Neither were we, but I wouldn't trade Tate, Oak and the new baby for anything in the world.  I know this year is going to be a hard one, but we are going to make this work.  I'm sorry for all of things I have put you all through.  I can't thank you all enough for taking me in and helping us out so much."

"You are family now.  We like to stick together around here."

Tatum's mom said, "I think the two of you are going to be just fine.  Now, go home and cuddle with your first baby.  Soak up all the time with him that you can get while it is just the three of you.  Things change so much when you have another baby."

Tatum hugged both of her parents.  She was happy that telling them had gone better than she orignally expected.  Now they just had to wait out the months until the new baby came.

It's a short one, but I needed to get something out there.  I'm working on tying up loose ends in this story and ending it soon.  Comment and Like please. :)