Historical Fiction 2nd Place Winner-AuthorishNicole

AuthorishNicole-The Two Foxes 

TITLE: 

The title clearly links to the plot and even the characters and it's fascinating.

5/5

DESCRIPTION/BLURB: 

I found the description hooking, making me want to read more and discover what's going to occur. The plot is also explained nicely and thoroughly.

10/10

COVER: 

The shown colour scheme is very appealing, likewise when it comes to the font.

However, I feel as though you could've chosen a picture that showed a glimpse into your plot. Something for first time readers to look at and either ask questions about or get pulled in because right now it's just of a girl.

3/5

PLOT: 

The plot is unique and well planned.

20/20

CHARACTERISATION:

 A more in depth background story could've been added but if you feel as if that doesn't work well with the story (an opinion which is completely understandable) then putting emphasis on the change that's happening would've improved the book.

The characters overall showed basic yet likeable personality's and the relationships were heart warming.

16/20

CREATIVITY/ ORIGINALITY: Very original and creative.

10/10

SPELLING & GRAMMAR:

The spelling and grammar used was incredibly good. No matter how hard I tried to find a single slip up, it was on point throughout the entirety of the book.

15/15

ENJOYABILITY:

A point which made this story enjoyable for me was the diversity shown when native Americans were used. I loved the representation.

I also found that there was also enough explanation used and it never dragged on yet it was never too vague.

5/5

LITERARY DEVICES: 

The description is on point however, metaphors and similes could've been used to furthermore the vocabulary and text used as well as other writing technique; personification, alliteration, triples, etc.

2/5

DESCRIPTION: 

The strength of your book is when showing emotions within characters. Throughout the story I could visualise their expressions— the enraged face, the disappointed look, all of it.

Though buildings and rooms could've been described more. What furniture is there? Are there paintings hung on the wall?

2/5

Total: 87/100