Science Fiction 3rd Place Winner- LittleVee

The Human Minority- LittleVee 

Title: 5/5
-Definitely an original title. Nice twist, nice ring to it.
-Definitely interesting. It pulls you in (at least it did to me).
-It immediately caught my eye. Made me curious: why minority? What happened?
-It definitely pertains to the genre. Gives a total sci-fi vibe.
-Absolutely corresponds with story! Humans aren't what they once were, and it's... terrifying.

Cover: 5/5

-It's definitely appealing. Loved the green, the darkness, gives an eerie vibe that's hard to forget.
-It helped me get intrigued by the story, for sure. I loved the color-scheme--or lack of it, actually.
-I'd say it more or less corresponds with the story. The tale is about Jake, and this person could be him in more than one scene in the book.

Plot: 18/20
-I thought the rhythm was good. Characters introduced, setting set, plot weaved in.
-I remember there being a lot of narration. BUT the dialogues were really powerful, completing that narration. Never boring.
-Some chapters felt filler-ish BUT I understood their purpose and they were far from boring. Each chapter got us somewhere, gave the information we needed. Sometimes confusing... BUT it all exploded in our face in the end and it was lovely.

Characterization: 18/20

-Characters were definitely 3D. Jake is one of my favorite characters on wattpad, his wit was just perfect.
-They were as realistic as could be in the current sci-fi situation! Jake was super relatable and yet really unique, had a cool backstory.
-They portrayed emotions well, too well sometimes (as in, I'm jealous of your skills). Jake says his mind and makes you want to hit him BUT you still end up agreeing with what he says. Acted like an idiot at times, a flawed character who is SO well written.
-They definitely stick out. I mean, you INVENTED a race of aliens, for crying out loud. And your humans had strong personalities and beliefs that made it hard for me NOT to enjoy them all.
-I could imagine them pretty well. Your descriptions were sometimes brief BUT enough to help with imagination.

Creativity/originality: 8/10

-Definitely an original plot. Had the cliché alien+human and "in secret" vibe, but it still fueled the story and was deep, intriguing.
-The characters were all pretty unique, for sure. I've seen some like Jake before BUT he was so well written and entertaining that I came to love him real fast.

Spelling/Grammar: 12.5/15
-Proper grammar mostly employed. Capitalization and punctuation were decent. Some spots with typos and spelling errors (BUT I know this was a nanowrimo book AND you're editing, so this is all kind of preliminary, I guess). Nothing that hindered the story, though.
-Prose was mostly easy to read. Areas with repetitions and sometimes hard to understand (but always explained later) and nothing a good revision won't fix (which I know you're doing/planning).

Enjoyability: 4.5/5
-Story was definitely enjoyable. Hooked me pretty quick, totally binge-read it during nanowrimo and again here to judge. Super fun and well-written.
-I DID read more! I read the whole thing once already, and a few chapters for the contest. Never boring!

Literary devices: 4/5
-I don't remember seeing anything flagrant. If anything wasn't correct it blended in with the rest of your amazing writing and went unnoticed. Vocabulary was diverse but sometimes repeated. Overall rich prose!

Description: 3.5/5
-It had "moments". Setting was sometimes super intricate and other times hard to imagine. BUT characters were so vivid, I had no trouble seeing them. Especially the non-humans. Overall pretty complete.
-I could usually visualize everything well. Some spots harder, rougher but I'm sure they'll be improved with an edit.

OVERALL: I DON'T EVEN THINK I'M QUALIFIED TO JUDGE THIS. Vee, I love your work. I do. And there's no "but" coming here, because that's literally all I have to say. You know the rest :D

TOTAL 88.5/100