Historical Fiction 1st Place Winner-StephRose1201

StephRose1201- The Golden Girl 

TITLE:

 I like that the title links to the character instead of the plot like most books. Quite original.

5/5.

DESCRIPTION: 

No vagueness was in it and it explained the plot very well— I'd say that its a well devised blurb which gets the reader asking questions, therefore capturing their attention.

10/10

COVER: 

The cover is colourful and has a good colour scheme working with it.

However, I think that the font should've been made more distinctive from the image as it's harder to read and kind of blends in.

3/5

PLOT: 

I can honestly say that I have never even heard this plot idea being tossed around. I found it completely original— an aspect which drew me in. I can also safely say that it moves at the right speed, allowing readers to grasp just the right amount of information in each chapter.

20/20.

CHARACTERISATION: 

The characters personality's were displayed well and the relationships added to their motives. However, I would've liked to have more of a glimpse into their backgrounds; their history's. And since it has got native Americans in it I would've liked to see more of their culture used.

15/20

CREATIVITY/ ORIGINALITY: 

Like I have stated before, this plot idea is unique. I have never read about it before giving it a fresh and enjoyable vibe.

10/10.

SPELLING & GRAMMAR: Fortunately, no mistakes were spotted.

15/15

ENJOYABILITY: 

The plot is new and the characters are unique and representative; these are both points which added to the enjoyability.

However, I would've liked to see a more interested opening as the current one is quite bland and first impressions are everything. You want to keep the reader hooked from the moment they read the first word.

4/5.

LITERARY DEVICES: 

The book could use some more as literary devices are used at a minimum within the story.

2/5

DESCRIPTION:

The description was impeccable, always giving me an image to visualize in my head without fail.

5/5

Total: 89/100