"Happy Birthday," she wished her and instantly she was pulled in for a hug by the elder lady.

"Oh thank you, my dear," Leslie replied, squeezing Mia tightly in a big, before moving apart.

She then quickly spotted the gift in Mia's hand and she gently shook her head. "You didn't have to get me a present."

"It's just a little something," Mia said and handed her the small box.

It was hard to think of something to buy Leslie and after a lot of thought, Mia finally thought she had bought the perfect gift.

She had gotten her small pendant, with five rings attached to it. Each ring was engraved, with the names of the people Leslie held close to her heart, her husband, kids and grandchild.

"When it comes from the heart dear, nothing is ever just a little something," Leslie said and Mia smiled at her words.

After talking for a bit, Leslie had to leave Mia to go and greet other guests, since it was a party in her name. This left Mia to greet some familiar people and also look around.

"Mia," a voice called her name from behind her.

She turned around and a smile adorned her lips, she saw the familiar face.

"Mr Carter," she greeted him.

"It's Richard, Mia," he told her in a scolding tone and frown, but there was a still a playful look in his eyes, one that made Mia smile. "Not a hard name to remember," he added.

"Sorry, Richard," she apologised and this made him smile once more. "Better," he nodded.

Mia then glanced to his side and noticed the beautiful lady that stood next to him, and she gave her a polite smile.

"This is my wife, Lorelai," Richard introduced her.

They had never met before but Mia had heard all about Lorelai from Richard. He spoke about her so often and with so much fondness, it was cute.

She also remembered her visit to Sebastian's flat, the first time that she had to work from his place and then later hide in his bedroom, when he didn't want his Mum to see her.

"It's nice to meet you," Mia responded, offering her a hand and it shocked Mia when Lorelai pulled her into a hug. "Oh come now. Leave the handshakes for the suits, I'm a hugger," she said giving Mia a tight squeeze.

As Lorelai released Mia from the hug, she looked confused.

"Suits?" She asked.

"It's what she calls, Seb and I," Richard said, wrapping an arm around his wife's waist affectionately.

Mia tensed at the mention of his name.

She had yet to see him and a part of her was hoping he wouldn't be here, or would arrive after she had left. 'Maybe fate would be nice and his car would break down on the way here.'

"When the two of you learn to dress in something else, I'll stop calling you that," Lorelai replied and jabbed her elbow into husband's side slightly, causing him to chuckle.

Mia spoke to Richard and Lorelai and even Harry and Leslie joined into the conversation. They spoke for a while, until they had to attend to some other guests and she was left to walk around on her own again.