(15) SWEET SWEET REVENGE

Happy Valentine's Day 🍫 💝 💐 as a courtesy, here's an update! Expect the last chapter and Epilogue in a few hours!

『26 Salvatore Boarding House,
Mystic Falls, Virginia
MARCH 19TH 2023

DEAR DAMON

Six years since I joined the crusade of The Demon Head. I have to assume he's ready to move in, but he's said now is not the time. Yesterday, he called me into his chambers to talk. At first, I was skeptical of what he wanted until he said he wasn't the villain of my story.

How was I to believe him when I wanted him to burn for all eternity in Numen's hell?

Maalefi'Caerys said I was selected because of my vigilance. My will. That was hard to find. I watched him with eyes that did not lie. Eyes that held anger and more.

I could never understand. I wished for his death. His suffering was my desire, but as years went by, I felt lust. Something else. My mind still stands. I want revenge.

Then Maalefi'Caerys said, Jedrzej was the enemy. Jedrzej wasn't the one who tore us apart. He was. Now, he seeks to manipulate me into forgetting my revenge. I will see to it that it happens one way or another.

'Two years before I asked Damon to leave. The Organization sent you on a mission to kill two angels because they were a nuisance?"

I nodded to his words, wondering where he was going with this. "Those angels were Jedrzej's children. When he learned you killed them. He had someone watch you. You must remember her. Caia Thorne."

My skin shuddered at the mention of Caia. My best friend. No, it couldn't be. "Caia is loyal to me and The Organization."

Maalefi'Caerys chuckled.

'"Caia was sent to watch you. She seduced you and Damon. Bore a weapon stronger than anything terrestrial."

"Nora?"

"Jedrzej wanted to ensure whatever dreams you had of a future with Damon became tainted, so he could break you. Caia succeeded. Next was to kill Damon in the most gruesome ways possible. So when you went for revenge, Nora was to be the final piece on the chessboard."

"The day before Damon left. Bliss killed Caia and placed the fetus in a cocoon, so she would not be born on time. Then I told my cousin, Dark Creator about her and he kept the fetus safe. Now that Nora is born, that means Jedrzej will feel her life force and kill her to destroy you for revenge. But he presumably has other plans. So, I negotiated your death."

  I stood immediately, unable to believe his rebel lies. He looked into my eyes. "This is the truth, Micah. I needed you as a champion because you know the angels here and how cruel they can be. I want revenge and I figured soon, you would want revenge. So why not intercept?"