Based on what I learned about Bliss. There was someone she loved, as I love you. That makes perfect sense. When I arrived at the home of her lover, whose name I do not care for. She opened the door. With a gentle smile, I allowed myself in, asking her to call for Bliss.

I waited.

When Bliss arrived, I had her ferocious lover chained to a chair in the living room. My weapons were out, ready to strike. This was the first time I saw genuine fear in Bliss' eyes. Not when her sister's life was in danger. If that was even her sister.

She looked shocked to see me, as though she wasn't ready for me yet. Or to see me in her home. While inside, I was rigid, waiting and biding my words. Bliss begged for the life of her lover while threatening to murder me.

That was a bad idea.

When she stepped on the sigil I set a trap for her. It stripped her powers long enough for me to chain her up beside her unconscious lover. When Bliss woke up. I began to torture her lover right before her. She screamed and begged and cried for me to show mercy. Each time she screamed, I cut off a finger from her lover.

I've thought about this moment ever since she tore us apart. Finally, I asked Bliss why. She wouldn't say. All she did was cry. Even after her lover died from extreme torture. She said nothing.

I guess she didn't care after all.

I did not care anymore if she lived or died. I did not want her to find peace with her lover. When I raised my sword to end her. To destroyer her as she destroyed me. I couldn't.

I could not kill her.

The thought of her death haunted my soul as though it would end me. While the pain was unbearable, I was unable to endure as she cried. As she begged. Then I lifted my sword again to keep my word to you. That was when a soft incandescent voice stopped me. The voice of a man who held power and innocence with an ageless aching story.

When I turned, I saw him.

The Demon Head.

He was beautiful, yet there was something devilish about him. His beautiful rainbow honey eyes. Each color told a different story. Each shade showed his mighty power,

The Demon Head stood before me. He raised his hand and smiled as he told me his name. "My name is Maalefi'Caerys Mar'Liris, but most call me The Demon Head."He smiled at Bliss.

When I looked into his eyes; I saw pain, war, and loss. I saw a man driven to the depths of insanity. So I asked why he needed me. What did he want from me? Why did he drive you away?

Maalefi'Caerys took me outside to talk.

For someone aware I would like to see him dead. . . He's quite calm. When I looked into his eyes, I felt horrors. Someone who has faced horrors and had done horrors tenfold.

He told me he required a champion.

"Why do you need me?' I asked him. "Give me one good reason why I should join you. You tell me you require a champion. So what— you devise this plan? Taking away my love, so you can feed me? Plump me well and nice for battle? For war?"

All he did was chuckle at my words and say. "I took Damon out of the playground because where we are going is no plan for mortals like him. He will die and you will go berserk. Destined to avenge his death. I did you a favor. Though it may not seem like it."

It was how he folded his arms before himself and took a titanic step toward me that had fear razing down my spine. When he took a step forward, I took one back.

He said, "Micah, I am the son of Maaelefi'Caerus Mar; the Dark Universe."

I knew so little of him. Of course, I knew by the name who he was. Everyone knows who Maalefi'Caerys was. Somehow, it's taken me longer to figure out he was The Demon Head.

The identity of The Demon Head has invariably been a mystery. Some said it was a woman named Medea. Some said a man named Ruslan. It makes sense now. Those were all the lives of Maalefi'Caerys. Fleshes that he had created and sent to different parts of the megaverse. He wanted to study everyone and everything.

The little I knew about his story. His history left out one important bit.

He was born on Kun'Dra day and for sixteen years after his birth at the proleg epoch, his parents hid his identity. They would kill any child born on Kun'Dra day.

Rumors say they're destined for eternal Damnation.

The sun cursed Maalefi'Caerys to live in unholy darkness. Those rumors were literally and figuratively killed. The sun was his weakness. Not everyone knew that. As you would be vulnerable without the daylight ring. I knew Maalefi'Caerys had asked the Light Universe for help with the curse.

Although the twin of the Dark Universe was powerful, she could not break the curse. But from what the stories say, he had some jewellery that allowed him to walk in the sun. A jewellery his father crafted out of the bones and blood of a sun god.

He said to me, nothing is more important than this. Whatever this was. I told him nothing was more significant than you.

"What's to say Damon isn't in on it?" he says. It made me think.

No. . .

I got defensive, telling him that you weren't in on it.

He smiled. A twisted smile full of mystery and mischief. "Are you certain?"

He raised his hand. Instantly, I had Charlotte out faster than I could blink.

I wanted to hurt him.

To kill him.

He beamed as though he knew of my intention, and enchanted a bubble of you taking care of a woman I've never met.

"Her name is Ireth. I have tasked Damon with caring for her.'"

At this rate, he must be playing a trick on me. Now he had you caring for whoever this was. She seemed important enough.

"Micah, we have no means to care for one another. To love one another. To want one another. But I promise you when you help me destroy Jedrzej Morgenstern and his bloodline. I will allow safe passage back to Damon."

All I could do was stare at him before finally speaking.

'You promise to set me free as your champion if I slay Jedrzej and his family?' I was eager for a reprieve. He owned my soul and now yours.

He nodded. "Sweet Micah, Sometimes promises are meant to be broken. If you take the road back to Damon, you'll never know the truth. If you take the road to me, you'll know the truth and more."

Thoughts evaded my mind.

What path could I take?

I prayed for a sign.

Still, I asked. "Will the road still lead me to Damon?"

The Demon Head nodded. "Yes. Damon is your destiny. I am a slight shove to that path."

I made a choice right there. "Fine, I want the truth." Somehow I find I might regret it.

He asked me to keep Bliss alive. She was important to him. That was all he said.

I knew the day would come when I would meet you once again. Whatever my destiny was.

This was going to be wonderful, Damon.

Excruciatingly painful.

LOVE,
MICAH UNDERWOOD

PS I AM THIS CLOSE TO REVENGE.