Chapter 49

Joes POV
Trigger warning

"Chester it's just me Joe, look open your eyes." I tell him. He slowly opens his eyes, and then he gets this surprised look on his face, and hugs me.

"I can see you... I can see you guys again. You aren't just blobs." He comments. After another minute he lets me go and looks around the room.

"Joe where are Talinda and Mike?" He asks.

"They stepped out for a moment, can I ask you some questions about what just happened though? You're not in trouble we just wanna figure out why this is happening, or I should say what happened to cause this episode."

He nods nervously and kinda looks around the room.

"Chester, I don't remember you're panic attacks being this bad when you were in the hospital, do you?"

He shakes his head no.
"Well when I was first brought in I remember I had those nightmares, and then Sid would yell at me." He said nervously.

"Well yeah, but that was when everything was still fresh, but you've had time to kinda process everything, unless we screwed and weren't supposed to let you go."

"Wait what!? Joe you're not sending back to the hospital are you!? Please no... I like it here, and I'm not crazy. I feel safe when I sleep next to Mike, and I don't wanna go please Joe."

"Chester relax, I didn't say I was gonna send you back, I was just thinking out loud. But I'm wondering if seeing Jordon again is triggering all the events that happened while you were with him, and you're having trouble dealing with the stress, so you take it out on yourself. Look I wanna try something, but I need you to work with me."

"What are you going to do?"

"I want you tell me one of the things that man did to you in full detail. Now hold on, before you freak out, I wanna do this to teach you how to handle it without sending you into a panic attack, because I'm sure the judge is gonna ask about this, and we don't need you to panic while you're on the stand. That makes us and you look bad, just please Chester we wanna help I promise."

He looked like he wanted to cry, I know this was a lot to ask but he needed this, I just didn't want us to look like a joke in front of all those people, because I understand what that man did to Chester was wrong, but if this was not done right, and we didn't teach him how to handle all this stress we could lose our jobs, and Chester could be readmitted, and possibly go back to not talking again. And I'd rather not let some scum bag man take away his freedom again.

"Promise me you won't judge me?" He whispers, a few tears falling from his face.

"Yes, you know I wouldn't judge you, this is just gonna be between us."

"Just is not anyone else?"

"Yes, no one but I will know."

He breathes in kinda shakily, his hold body was shaking at this point.

"Joe, could you turn around, or maybe go on the opposite side of the room please?"

I nod, and do as he asked. I walk to the other side of the room, and face the wall.

"Okay, when ever you're ready Chester."