Chaper 13

Chester's POV

"M-M-Mike, can I try something?" I ask.

"Sure, I guess." He answers.

I don't know why I did this. It felt right in the moment. I grab his cheeks and just go right in to kiss his lips. He seemed a little thrown off, but does push me off. His lips were soft and and very tender. Something about this situation made me feel safe, but it felt wrong at the same time. What if Mike gets mad that I'm doing this. What if he doesn't wanna see me anymore after this. I mean I just throw myself on him like a slut. I disconnect our lips after another minute, and looked down.

"I'm sorry. I just ... sorry." I mumble.

I could feel his eyes looking with disapproval. He was probably mad. I shouldn't have done it. I don't even why I did it, I've only know Mike for like a day and half. I just felt something when I was around Mike, that I didn't get from the other What's wrong with me?

"Chester, why did you just kiss me?" He asks.

I continue look down, say

"I'm sorry Mike, I didn't mean to. Please don't hurt me."

I back away from him because I felt he was ashamed of me now. He probably thinks I'm dirty, and now he can use me anytime he wanted.

"Chester, buddy I'm not mad, and I'm don't have an interest in hurting you. I'm just surprised."

"It's okay to hate me Mike. I shouldn't have done that to you, it was wrong."

I go to sit on my bed, and wrap my blanket around myself. He comes and sits next to me, and kinda looks at me. Oh God, he was judging me I could feel it, oh no what if tries to take advantage of me. All he has to do is knock me down and I'm his.

"Chester, I don't hate you alright. You just felt for some reason that you had to kiss me, which is okay. I'd rather have a kiss then a punch, you punch hard."

He chuckles, and I smirk a little.

"Well I don't know what it is about you Mike, but I just feel safer around you, I trust you more than the others."

He nods, and says

"Maybe you feel safe around me because I was the first kid to ever talk to you, and show you kindness. And we forgot about each other for a period of time, but ran into each other again right here. And even though we didn't know each other that well, when we were kids or even now, I was the first person to show you kindness, and it made you feel safe, maybe have a little hope."

I nodded along to everything he said, but it was long and a little bit confusing. I think I got he was trying to say though. But I wonder why he was nice to me that day, and not any other time.

"Mike, why were you so nice to me that day? Why did you help me?"

"Well I saw you getting hurt, you were out numbered. So I jumped in and helped."

"But why didn't you help me any other time?"

He sat, and thought about the question, I bet he was helping me out of pity that day. I bet he wanted to beat me up too back then.