Chpater 3

Mikes POV

"So how are you today Chester?" I ask taking a bite of the cafeterias disgusting jell-O.

Chester was looking down at his tray, I don't think he was listening to me. I didn't mind, as he had to get used to me, so I observe what he's doing. He didn't touch his food, he just sorta looked at with a disgusted look. Then he looked down at himself and looked disappointed.

"Chester... Chester are you okay?" I ask.

He looks up at me with his scared doe eyes and nods. He didn't look okay, but I didn't wanna push anything.

"Hey newbie." Brad said plotting down next to me and scaring the shit out of me and Chester.

"God don't do that."

"Sorry, hi Chester." Brad throws him a friendly smile.

Chester looks up at Brad and relaxes. Almost like he trusted Brad.

"How are you doing Chester? Is Mike being nice."

Chester nods, and he looked less tense.

"Good, how are you enjoying your first day Mike?"

"It's good, um Brad can I ask you something?" I ask.

"Yeah sure."

"Why are a lot of the doctors and nurses mean here? Like I heard one of the doctors yelling at Chester and they hurt him."

"Chazzy do you know what doctor hurt you. You can write it down on your pad and paper I gave you earlier."

Chester shakes his head no.

"I think he got it taken away. I don't remember him having one when I walked into his room." I comment.

Chester nods nervously, to my statement.

"Hang tight Chazzy I'll be right back." Brad said getting up and walking  away from the table.

I watch Brad walk away and wonder how he's so nice in a place full of assholes. Why was everyone so mean here though, I mean they weren't forced here. So why be a jerk.

"Mr.Mike!?" Mikey the kid from earlier runs up to me.

"Hi Mikey, what's up buddy?"

"Have you seen Mr.Brad?"

"He just left, but he'll be back soon. What's going on?"

"Gee is being mean and Mr.Brad is the only one who knows how to deal with him. I'm not tattling Gee!"

"Here stay near me until Brad gets back alright. Chester you okay if Mikey sits with us for a little bit."

Chester was looking down at himself again, and he looked like he wanted to cry. He starches at his arm, really digging his nails into his skin, he start to get raw red skin, and blood start coming out.

"Chester... Chester buddy, it's alright, it's okay. Don't hurt yourself buddy." I said gently grabbing the one hand that was being used to harm himself.