Chapter 24

Chester's POV

I had the pleasure of waking up next to Mike again, he had his arms wrapped around me, and it just made me feel so safe, and so relaxed. I kinda crack up to myself, when I see Mikes messy hair falling all over his face. I wish I could wake up with him every morning, I wish I could wake up to the sound of his soft snoring every morning, and his arm draped over me. God what a dream that would be to call Mike my boyfriend. He probably doesn't wanna date me though, I mean I did hurt him when we kids, I didn't mean to but I still did it, and it's bothered me every since.

Flashback

Authors POV

It was a new day at school, Chester was sitting alone, under an old tree "eating" his lunch, he felt kinda sick, so he barely touched his food. He looked down at his casted arm, and smiles at Mikes name written on it. He wondered why Mike was so nice to him. All the other kids called him a loser, or a freak. No one really liked to talk to Chester, so why did Mike talk to him? That's when It hit him, Mike just wanted to get his trust, so he can yank it away. Either that or he was doing it out of pity, and Chester didn't need pity.

"Hey Chester, you mind if I sit with you?" Mike asks.

Chester didn't actually notice he was there, but he nods slowly. Mike smiles at him and sits next to him.

"So how's your arm?" He asks.

He don't answer him.

"Chester?"

He still don't answer him.

"Are you feeling okay?"

He nods, then say

"Look Mike I appreciate what you did for me the other day, but I don't need your fake kindness. It's okay for you to hate me for all the things I've done."

"Hate you? Chester I don't hate you."

"Don't lie Mike, no one likes a lair. Admit it I'm a freak."

"I'm not lying! And you're not a freak."

"Yeah you are Mike, I know you hate me, everyone hates me." Chester said starting to get teary-eyed.

Chester gets up to walk away from Mike, but Mike goes after him.

"Chester wait! Don't go please, I'm serious I do wanna be your friend. I'm not giving you pity, I wanna be your friend, I'm not doing it to hurt you, or anything. I truly do wanna be your friend."

"Stop lying to me, and just leave me alone!"

Chester without thinking swings, and punches Mike, causing him to fall to the ground. His face soon is dripping with red liquid. Chester caused Mikes nose to bleed.

Chester instantly got scared, Mike was gonna be mad, and probably kick his ass. Some kids who saw the whole thing, start laughing, and making comments.

"Oh my God, Bennington really is a freak! Look what he did to the Shinoda kids face!" Some random kid shouts.

"I guess that's what you get for socializing with a freak like him." Another kid yells.