Chapter 37

Mikes POV

The guys and I decided to go to The Red Lantern for dinner, and it was sorta nice, but it mostly sucked. I just couldn't get that image out of my head of Chester. He was so pale, and he looked so sad and hurt. It hurt me, I don't know how it didn't bother Brad, Rob, and Joe.  They just seemed so happy, and cool in this whole situation. I look over at them, and Brad was balancing two shot on his nose and forehead.

"Ha, I told you I could do it Joe! I told you! I can do more."

"Brad, no. You're gonna spill beer all over yourself." Joe says.

"Wanna bet?"

As he goes to grab another shot glass, a man bumps him and he spills beer all over himself. Rob and I roll our eyes, and Joe takes Brad to the bathroom to clean up.

"Rob, how are you, Brad, and Joe not bothered about the whole Chester thing? Like you guys are all happy, and smiling. How?"

"Look kid, we love Chester, we really do. But sitting around and thinking about what happened isn't gonna change anything. And I hate to say it but this is part of the job. It sucks, and it hurt I know, but this happens some people snap. But until we hear anything about Chester let's try not to worry about alright."

I nod, and say a small alright back to him. The man that bumped Brad from a little early looks over at us, and says:

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to ease drop, but we're you two gentlemen talking about Chester, as in Chester Bennington?"

Rob and I nod.

"What's the problem?" Rob asks.

"That's my son."

I spit out my drink and give him a weird look.

"You're Chester's dad?" I ask.

"Y-Yeah, I thought all this time he was hurt, or died."

"Wait hold on, I thought you ran out on him and his mom?"

"What are you crazy I loved Chester, still do. I had to leave."

"Why did you have to leave? And how come you never visited him?" Rob asks, raising a brow. It confused me too, if he loved his son so much why didn't he visit.
He takes a sip of his beer before answering Rob.

"His mother went nuts after he was put in the mental hospital. She said everything was my fault, she went around telling people I abused him, and her. Some people started to think I was the one who raped him, but I didn't I swear. Anyway because of her lies I spent a little time in jail,until they found evidence it wasn't me. I wanted visit my son so badly, once I was out I really did. His mother through was still being unreasonable, she continued to blamed me for everything, and said I wasn't allowed to come near Chester. I thought she was joking, but she wasn't. I tried go visit him one day and they denied me access to see him. I should have never listened to those doctors or her, putting him in the mental hospital was the worst mistake of my life. Besides not listening to him, and marrying him mother."

Rob and I sorta crack a smile at the last remark . He seemed like a pretty decent guy, I think Chester might actually enjoy seeing his dad, hopefully. I know him seeing him mom didn't work out well. He seemed more relaxed, and calm then Chester's mom, though.