Chapter 5

Mikes POV

Brad and I were doing round, and I had to admit I liked this guy. He seemed pretty wise, and he didn't lose his cool when the older nurses or doctor made comments about how he's such a boy scout, or whatever. It was amazing. He told m if you lose your cool, and snap at them, then  just turns you into them. So basically if you give the reaction they are looking for, you give them more power and you become sucked into the grouchy mood. So you just gotta learn to deal with it.

Brad and I were filling out paperwork, for other patients, when I heard a scream of pain. Not terror, but pain. I rush toward the sound, and find it's coming from Chester. I walk into his room, and he was scratching his arm violently. He had blood dripping down him,but he just kept scratching.

I grab his arm, and stop him from scratching. He tries to get out of my grip, but I'm not letting him go. I don't want him hurt.

"Whoa Chester why are we scratching buddy?" I ask.

He doesn't answer me, and continues to fight my grip.

"Brad... Brad could you come in here!" I yell.
"Chester stop you'll hurt yourself!" I said holding his arm down.

Brad runs in. He had an arm wrap, and surgical tape. He hops onto Chester's bed, straddles him and grabs his arms. He shut his eyes really tight, and his breathing increases. He looked so scared while Brad was on top of him. He stops struggling and just gives into Brads touch. He lets out a few little whimpers, and I could see tears fall from his face. Brad finished, and gets off the boy.

"I'm really sorry Chester, but you need to stop hurting yourself buddy." Brad apologizes.
"Just breath buddy in and out... in and out." He said leaving the room to let Chester have a moment.

I stay for a little bit, to make sure he was okay. He didn't say anything to Brad and just lays there still heavily breathing, letting tears fall from his face. I wanted to hug him, tell him everything was gonna be okay, wrap him in a blanket and keep him safe from harm. It just still bothered me knowing Chester had went through all that as a kid. Someone ruined his life all because they couldn't keep it in their pants.

I turn to leave, looking at the broken boy one last time. Before leaving to go finish my paper work.

"Brad? Chester's gonna be okay right?" I ask.

He nods.

"He should be, as long as he doesn't scratch at his arms."

"Why does he scratch at his arms?"

"It's just a nervous habit, and he does it when he feeling scared, or anxious about something."

"Have you tried breaking the habit?"

"Well no. Chester is one of our special cases. Him scratching his arm isn't the worst thing he could be doing right now. I mean we don't want him to scratch his arm violently, but it's a process to get him to stop. I'll have to talk to Joe see what to do. Or maybe Rob would know what to to do."

I felt so many things for that boy, pain is one thing I feel for the boy. I felt angry towards who ever did the nasty with him. I hope they were caught, and are suffering because of their actions. But we may never know, because Chester may never talk again.  Mark my word though, I will try to heal him, and fix him.

Chester's POV

Brad came running into the room, and he straddles me, almost like the man did, he grabbed my wrist forcefully like the man did. Brad tried to patch up my arm, I just felt more and more like that weak boy. I wanted to tell him to stop, I wanted him to stop, but he wouldn't listen. I shut my eyes tightly as the memories came flooding back to me, and it started feeling hard to breathe. It felt like a pile of bricks was stacked on my chest, like I was drowning in my own body. I couldn't push Brad off so I just gave in to his touch. Just like I did with the man. There was nothing I could do about it, and I just felt like that scared little boy again. Brad finally finished after what felt like foREVer, and got off me. I think he said something to me, but I couldn't hear him, I was trying to catch my  breath, and get those horrible memories out of my head.

You're are so weak Chester. Letting Brad all over you like that. I bet you enjoyed it, because you're dirty you slut. I mean you didn't stop him.

More tears start to fall from my face, I just wanted to be a normal kid. Or just forget that moment in my life. The moment I was so worthless, weak, so dirty.

I cried for a little while longer,  until I got too tired and just feel asleep.

4 hours later

I don't know how long I was out for, but I guess it was for a long time. I felt a strong, soft hand touch my arm and shaking me to wake me up. I felt this soft hand before. I turn over, and see it's Mike.

"Um hi Chester, sorry to wake you. Joe wanted me to get you. It's dinner time."

I look down, I was actually starting to kinda like Mike. I don't know what it was about him, but I felt a little more nervous around him, I felt heat rush to my cheeks when he was around. I've never gotten this way around someone, not Brad, Rob, or  even Joe. I don't know what made Mike different from them. It didn't matter what I was feeling though, I was worthless and I could never be good enough for Mike. I didn't have a chance with Mike, he was perfect, there was not a thing wrong with him, me I had everything wrong with me, and who would wanna date a filthy screw up like me.

He continues to look at me, and I grab my pencil and paper telling him I'm not going.

"Come on Chester. I know the food isn't the best, but you gotta eat."

"I'm not hungry." I write.

"Chester come on, please. Just this once."

"NO! GO AWAY !" I write in big letters.

I heard him sign, and he looked liked he was gonna get with the program and leave, but he didn't.

"Look Chester if you come with me and go eat dinner, even if it's a little bite. All the doctors and nurse will leave you alone. We won't ask for anything, and we won't bother you. But you have to eat."

I think about that for a minute. Being alone did sound nice, I've always liked being alone. Being alone made me feel safe, no one could hurt you if you were alone. I write on the paper a fine, and he walks with me to the cafeteria. I start to second and guess this choice, but I'm only doing it to be alone.

A/n: I hope you guys enjoyed this one, poor Chazzy 😢 Don't worry though Mike is gonna come through and saved the day, no matter what it takes he'll fix the broken down boy. I hope some one caught the song reference in this chapter, and in the last chapter, those two will probably just lead to more song reference, so watch for that. Enjoy the rest of your day or night depending on where you are in the world.