Mech Engineer: System V. System 2.12

Chapter 25: Arc 2 Part 12

Author:橘子

Thank you FJ and anon <3

_____________________________________________________________

The fifth fleet's crew and tents were surrounded by the third fleet. Several of the fifth fleet members, who rebelled, were suppressed and on the ground.

"What do you think you're doing? Don't you know how heavy the punishment is for having a conflict between fleets while during a mission?! You don't need me to remind you about it, do you?" Jared, as the acting captain, reprimanded. He was suppressing his anger as he looked at the surrounding third fleet soldiers who had ambushed them.

"You'll know what we are doing once our captain returns." Kurit stepped on one of the soldier's back and aimed the gun at his head. "Don't move if you want to live."

Auray soon arrived. He carried Qiao Chen out as he exited the mech. Bachner became agitated once he saw Qiao Chen. His eye darted back and forth. Greene's eye shifted as well as he tried to evade blame.

"You fifth fleet soldiers are truly useless- capability wise anyways. But your ability to steal and snatch is top notch." Qiao Chen sarcastically said.

"Now that your captain is back, then you'd better give me a real good reason as to why you've surrounded and attacked our team. If you don't, then I'll go straight to the Army Headquarters and report every single one of you!" Jared furiously threatened.**

"It just so happens that I'm also on my way to the Army Headquarters to report you too. Why won't we all go together?" Qiao Chen said.

"You were the ones who instigated this all, but now the guilty party wants to turn around and distort the facts. Sure, let's have the people over at the Army Headquarters judge the facts." Jared spat out and glared at Qiao Chen

"Guilty party distorting the facts? You're talking about yourselves, right? Your very own Bachner not only robbed me of my locator device, but he also shoved me down a cliff. Do you think the people over at the Army Headquarters will ignore aggravated robbery?" Qiao Chen retorted.

Jared's quickly changed. He immediately turned to Bachner and asked, "Is this the case?"

"No." Bachner immediately denied. "Do you have any evidence of my so called robbing your locator and pushing you off a cliff? If you really fell off a cliff, then how can you appear here to frame me?

"The extent of your blatant shamelessness is truly an eye opener." Qiao Chen sneered. He pressed his communicator a few times. The locator's ring immediately sounded out from the fifth fleet's tent.

Sodini pushed Jared aside. He entered their tent and found Qiao Chen's locator.

"Don't tell me that you still want to say that I've deliberately put it in your tent?" Qiao Chen asked.

Jared's face turned ugly and didn't speak another word.

However, Bachner argued, "That still doesn't mean I did it. Maybe it was really you. We can't say for sure that you had people put it there to frame us. "

Bachner knew that he could never admit guilt. If he did, then his life would be over. He had acted on an impulse when he snatched Qiao Chen's locator and pushed him off that cliff. One second, Qiao Chen was in his hands, but before he knew it, Qiao Chen was already plummeting to his death. He figured, "Luck's on my side, because dead men tell no tales". However, he never expected Qiao Chen to be rescued so quickly.