8.

The moment Skyler and Vali enter the family apartment in London – Narfi and Cassidy had gone earlier to calm Loki down – there is a tensed atmosphere.

"Can someone now please explain what happened?" Cassidy asks gently, eyeing her boyfriend carefully, as if ready to smack him if he went out of line.

"I'd like to know it as well," Thor grumbles, looking slightly dull, but Skyler reckons he still mourns for her mother... not that she doesn't miss her too, but her mother's death has made Skyler realise that you should cherish the time you have with your loved ones.

"Then I'll tell you, Thor," Loki growls lowly, "your daughter broke an unwritten law. She fell in love with the enemy, who, might I add, is planning on killing Dumbledore." The Prince's gaze pierces into Skyler, who stares at the ground numbly.

Thor just looks at his daughter, outmost surprised, "You fell in love, Sky?" he asks astonished and Skyler nods, still shaken up by Loki's outburst against Draco and their conversation afterwards... "And you fell in love with whom, if it's alright to ask?" Thor questions gently, his eyes showing a wistful gleam and tears that Skyler hopes to be happy ones.

"Draco Malfoy, dad. And Loki speaks the truth. He is a Death Eater; but he didn't choose for it! Voldemort forced him to do so, because his father had let him down... he was tortured for days before his initiation... he doesn't want to kill Dumbledore, but he is threatened, blackmailed. Voldemort will kill his family; which would be quite easy, considering that most of his family members are always near his side..." Skyler's story knocks the tension from the air, and even though Loki still looks sceptical, he nods and offers Skyler an apologetic look before standing up and walking away from the living room.

"I'm sorry that he's so on edge, Sky," Cassidy apologises, "but your mother's death has hit him harder than anyone thought... I think that, even when Jane and Loki bickered a lot, they loved each other like siblings." It is a light stab in the chest to hear her mother's name being said in the past tense, but Skyler blinks her tears away and gives her friend a smile, before lifting her chin to the direction Loki headed.

"Go make him feel better, Stark," she winks, "I know you want to." I will not enter their room for the remaining of the night, Skyler thinks amused, before locking eyes with her father. She blushes with embarrassment as her father merely looks happy – in a way Skyler has not seen in a long time.

"I am glad for you, my daughter," Thor states proudly, "and it will be a great story to tell once we leave for the compound tomorrow morning. I think your lover has to deal with a lot of overprotective brothers, as we speak." Skyler cringes at the thought... Bucky had lifted Blaise by his collar upon hearing he had kissed her without permission. She can't imagine what will happen to Draco when the others find out that he is, indeed, the enemy.

She shudders, "You wouldn't dare," she challenges, "Grandfather will literally ban me from school, and then grandmother will be angry with him and I'll be allowed to school again – but the Christmas vibe will be lost."

Thor gives a conceded nod, and before smirking again, "But nonetheless, I am glad that you have found someone you love and care about. Your happiness is very important to me," he says quietly.

"As is yours to me, dad..." states the princess softly, "so, please, tell me how you are doing. The bags under your eyes do not suit you."

"I am just fine, dear," Thor claims, trying to look convincing. Skyler gives him a sceptical look and glares him down with what her friends call 'the Queen-look'. "Alright! I'm a mess, a walking mess..." he exclaims, pulling his hands through his golden locks and looking up at his daughter.