12- The Metal Arm

Skyler opens the door of her room at Avengers Tower, walking into the corridor. Once at the doors of the common room, she dramatically swings both doors open, causing everyone who's inside to look at her.

"I'm back." She says over-dramatically. Most of the heads in the room are familiar to her. Natasha Romanoff, Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, and Bruce Banner. But the other two faces are completely new, although, the one of the dark skinned man is slightly familiar. The man with the metal arm, well, Skyler's interested, but clueless.

"No-ho, you'd stay away for the rest of the summer break! We made a deal!" Tony whines, before getting a slap on the back of his head from Pepper.

"I've got news, but, before we do that, who are this?" Skyler asks as she jumps on one of the sofas.

"Skyler, this is Sam Wilson, a.k.a The Falcon, and this is Bucky Barnes-." Natasha starts, but Skyler doesn't let her finish.

"Woah! You're Bucky Barnes? B-but you're supposed to be dead! How in the name of Odin's only eye is that possible?" She exclaims confused. More than one open their mouths to explain, but Skyler already gestures them not to.

"You know what? I don't care. Welcome to the club, Bucky - can I call you Bucky or do you rather have Barnes? And can I say that the metal arm is super cool?" Skyler chatters boldly. All the team members look like they've just seen a fish talk. Skyler always is a little suspicious.

"Uh, just call me Bucky, and... thank you?" Bucky answers doubtfully. Tony claps his hands together, unamused.

"Now, back to the subject. Why aren't you with your little boyfriend, doing stuff teenagers aren't supposed to do?" He says with a smirk.

"Shut up, Tony. Draco isn't my boyfriend - he'd wish. I'm a Princess and a demigod, I'm not going to have another relationship with a mortal." Skyler tells him, mocking the haughtiness.

"She's a princess?" Sam Wilson asks confused.

"Gentlemen, this is-" Pepper starts, but Skyler finishes, curtsying dramatically.

"Skyler Johanna Thordottír -Foster. Thor's Firstborn. Princess of Asgard, heir to the throne." In response of her little acting, Tony claps his hands, applauding.

"Well, you probably could've left the part after 'Foster' out, but let's just tell everyone your identity. Again, you didn't answer my question: why are you here?" Tony repeats, his tongue tasting poison. Skyler smirks.

"Well, there I was, happily at the World Cup, when suddenly, a lot of light came from the heavens. I was summoned to Asgard." She explains. Immediately, everyone's attention is drawn.

"You've seen Thor? How's he doin'?" Steve asks curiously.

"Dad's amusing himself fine. Having a baby isn't the easiest thing on Earth - or Asgard."

"Point Break's father again? What about other details?" Tony whispers conspiratorial.

"Later, Tony. Anyways, I was summoned there to attend to Loki's execution-"

"LOKI'S DEAD?" Bruce pipes up, happily. The entire room, except for Bucky - who has no idea what is going on- and Skyler - who spouts her lips into a thin line - cheers.

"Sorry to corrupt your joy, but Loki isn't dead. Actually, he's been pardoned from his crimes, for he is innocent. I thought that it might be nice to inform you, that the Bifröst is restored and that my father will come down here to join us with Christmas? Or would you rather hear that my uncle, whom I love dearly, is dead?" Skyler cries out, acting like she's at the brink of tears. Pepper and Natasha look at their feet, feeling guilty. Bruce, Steve and Sam stopped moving and Tony... Tony is just Tony, cheering only a little softer.

"We didn't mean it that way, Sky." Bruce apologises. Skyler looks at him, her smirk appearing.

"I know. Just needed the little proof that most of you guys care about me." She states with a wink at Tony.

"Now, how about a cheeseburger? I'm hungry." Sam asks, earning loud agreements from everyone, except Skyler, who couldn't think about dinner, when she could just be dreaming about the coming Christmas.